Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you buying the PSVR2?

• Waiting for more info on the price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Is there a VR Minecraft available on any platform?
Yes, VR Minecraft is on the original PSVR. Not sure if it works on PSVR2 though. I really want VR2, but I’m waiting on a price drop and to see what other games Sony has in the pipeline first.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Is there a VR Minecraft available on any platform?

Aside from PSVR 1, Minecraft VR is available on PC for Oculus and Windows Mixed Reality headsets. (officially but there's software to get it running on other headsets.) There's also VR mods for Minecraft Java that many prefer over the official Minecraft VR.

Some guys also made an unofficial native Minecraft port for the Quest 2 available via sideloading, but it's nowhere near as good as it is on PC since it's unofficial.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
  • $550
  • Requires a $500 PS5
  • Can't be used on PC
  • Wired cable
  • Lackluster launch library
  • No backwards compatibility with PSVR 1
Is it any wonder it's selling badly? Bare minimum add PC functionality and that price tag is a much easier pill to swallow. So many people would buy it immediately to use it on PC over a Quest 2

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I was really excited for the PSVR 2 launch, hoping the better hardware would lead to bigger and better games, but it's been 2 years? and there's no sign of a big first party triple A game, just more 'Resident Evil' VR and such. That's why no one is buying. VR has GREAT potential, but no one is really taking advantage of it.

Reactions: Taustin Powers

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I bought the first PSVR and returned it. I'm sitting this one out, until they give me a good reason to invest.

I agree, the tech is awesome. Do something with it!

th0masp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2015
I'd have a real use case for it already with GT7 but so far this single title wasn't enough for me to shell out for PSVR2.

Will pick it up though as soon as they release the PC driver/integration (was announced a few weeks ago) and when it's clear that it can be used well with e.g. Unreal Engine for development.

For the future I'd like to see a proper Ace Combat game that is fully playable in PSVR2.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I'd have a real use case for it already with GT7 but so far this single title wasn't enough for me to shell out for PSVR2.

Will pick it up though as soon as they release the PC driver/integration (was announced a few weeks ago) and when it's clear that it can be used well with e.g. Unreal Engine for development.

For the future I'd like to see a proper Ace Combat game that is fully playable in PSVR2.

I'm surprised Sony is officially doing this.

th0masp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2015
I'm surprised Sony is officially doing this.
Same, but at least it's a nice surprise. I guess it won't cost them much more than a developer or two in a corner office supporting this for a while.

Perhaps the intent is to enable ports of PSVR2 titles to PC?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.