Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bitnaut

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2014
I have an old Core X lying around from my eGPU days and thought I could re-purpose it by putting in a 4 NVME M.2 PCIe card. Well, I first added a Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME and it works fine. Later, I aquired a WD Black 2TB NVME and put it on the card along with the Samsung. Now my Mac Studio Ultra doesn't see the second NVME...is this a driver problem or does macOS Sonoma not work with multiple NVMEs on a single PCIe card?

StuAff

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2007
Portsmouth, UK
I have an old Core X lying around from my eGPU days and thought I could re-purpose it by putting in a 4 NVME M.2 PCIe card. Well, I first added a Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME and it works fine. Later, I aquired a WD Black 2TB NVME and put it on the card along with the Samsung. Now my Mac Studio Ultra doesn't see the second NVME...is this a driver problem or does macOS Sonoma not work with multiple NVMEs on a single PCIe card?
What card? At a guess, you'd need to use something like the Sonnet 4x4 card, or the OWC equivalent, that don't require a motherboard with bifurcation support.

Reactions: TzunamiOSX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.