Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Echinda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
I've got a 360 but never did have an original Xbox, so I've never played any of its games. The other day I saw the huge list of old Xbox games that will work on the 360 and thought to myself:

"Self, you should try some of those out."

Can anyone out there give me a top 5 list of old Xbox games that were so much fun that they are still worth going back to try? KOTOR, for instance, seemed to generate a lot of buzz, still worth picking up?

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I lean toward first person shooters (Gears of War, GRAW) and western RPGs (Oblivion, eagerly awaiting Mass Effect).

Thanks in advance.

Echinda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions. Gamestop here I come.

(I played Halo through on the Mac. Is it a different enough experience (keyboard/mouse vs. controller) to bother with on the Xbox?)

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Thanks for the suggestions. Gamestop here I come.

(I played Halo through on the Mac. Is it a different enough experience (keyboard/mouse vs. controller) to bother with on the Xbox?)

Halo on Xbox definitely felt more polished and was a better experience in my opinion that the PC version; it is might be worth it, especially if you never played through the entire campaign. Some other great Xbox games include:
- Panzer Dragoon Orta (matches the old-school arcade shooter feel with great graphics and story)
- Ninja Gaiden (probably the most faithful transition I've seen any side-scroller make into 3D)
- KOTOR, KOTOR II, Jade Empire (they all play basically the same, but each is good enough to warrant playing through on its own, and the first KOTOR is just plain fantastic)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.