Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoothbit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
The rubber tips have worn out on the thumbsticks of my Xbox One controllers.

Looking on Amazon and eBay I can find hundreds of replacement thumbsticks, but no way to judge which ones are actually any good and which ones will fall apart after a few months.

Has anyone here replaced their controller's thumbsticks? And so can recommend a particular brand/seller to buy/avoid?

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
The rubber tips have worn out on the thumbsticks of my Xbox One controllers.

Looking on Amazon and eBay I can find hundreds of replacement thumbsticks, but no way to judge which ones are actually any good and which ones will fall apart after a few months.

Has anyone here replaced their controller's thumbsticks? And so can recommend a particular brand/seller to buy/avoid?

Have you had a look at iFixit? I've bought tools from them and used their repair guides many times...but I don't have any direct experience with their Xbox stuff. But I regard them as more trustworthy than most no-name sellers (one indication is that they have official fix-it-yourself status from Patagonia).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.