Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bashman18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
I have just got the iphone 13 pro max, when im in a dark place and my brightness is low i can see like a red tint in my screen but only when there is a grey color, the tint disappears when the brightness is high. What is that?!! Is this normal for oled screens or what I don’t understand.

Attachments

• DA892B0B-46E1-4168-B963-ED0D93ED3587.jpeg
    DA892B0B-46E1-4168-B963-ED0D93ED3587.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 638

thv

macrumors regular
May 12, 2022
Do you have night shift or true tone on? I don't think those make it look red per say but just to check. if not, there is already a thread about this when you search it here, it seems to be an issue with some of them to varying degrees (mine is certainly fine and not affected at all and yes I can see color very well lol)

Last edited:

Bashman18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
Do you have night shift or true tone on? I don't think those make it look red per say but just to check. if not, there is already a thread about this when you search it here, it seems to be an issue with some of them to varying degrees (mine is certainly fine and not affected at all and yes I can see color very well lol)

Hi yes I have night mode on and True Tone. And it only shows when you’re on dark mode at night you’ll see the little reddish tint.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Some are red, some are green, a small percentage are almost perfect. It’s a lottery as to which one you might get.
Apparently manufacturing these displays by the millions isn’t very controllable.
If you brought a brand new iPhone to an Apple store and showed them the tint, (red or green) they’d say that it’s normal. (Even though you’d think it’s unacceptable).

Reactions: Fred Zed

Bashman18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
Some are red, some are green, a small percentage are almost perfect. It’s a lottery as to which one you might get.
Apparently manufacturing these displays by the millions isn’t very controllable.
If you brought a brand new iPhone to an Apple store and showed them the tint, (red or green) they’d say that it’s normal. (Even though you’d think it’s unacceptable).
It’s even worse with True Tone on as it changes the color to warm and the reddish tint is even more visible. I guess I’ll have to turn off True Tone and use the phone like that till September when a new iPhone is out I’ll then upgrade to the new one. Cuz the dealership won’t collect the phone back from me after using for like 2 weeks now.

MrT😎

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2023
I have just got the iphone 13 pro max, when im in a dark place and my brightness is low i can see like a red tint in my screen but only when there is a grey color, the tint disappears when the brightness is high. What is that?!! Is this normal for oled screens or what I don’t understand.
I think update is Apple not going to send an update to fix this. mine is like that too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.