Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Looking more and more likely that ATV+ has won NFL Sunday Ticket. My guess is it's being held for a WWDC announcement.

Reactions: MBAir2010

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I was just reading that. Interesting, if true. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd really like Apple to add more subscription options, such as a one team only plan.

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
I freaking hope it’s true. I didn’t mind direct Tv having Sunday ticket when they allowed you to purchase it from the app when you didn’t have direct tv..

They took that option away. With this, anyone can sign up for an apple account and pay for it

Reactions: DocMultimedia

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I'm curious what might become of the Sunday Ticket app. Now, I'm not a fan of that app, at all, because of its buggyness. However, if Apple takes it over I'm guessing they would fix the bugs and add some neat multi-screen features. Or perhaps they would just add the live streams into the TV app.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I'm curious what might become of the Sunday Ticket app. Now, I'm not a fan of that app, at all, because of its buggyness. However, if Apple takes it over I'm guessing they would fix the bugs and add some neat multi-screen features. Or perhaps they would just add the live streams into the TV app.
That was a separate app built and supported by DirecTV and/or ATT. I suspect that Apple would just roll the "Sunday Ticket" option (or whatever they may call it) into the TV app like they did MLB and Friday Night Baseball. No need to re-invent the wheel or fix someone else's buggy app, IMO.

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Hope someone finally gets it that allows anyone to get it via streaming. Since I can have a dish on my roof they never let me get the streaming only version. Apple would get recognition if they get it. Just glad the DirecTV contract is finally ending.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
That was a separate app built and supported by DirecTV and/or ATT. I suspect that Apple would just roll the "Sunday Ticket" option (or whatever they may call it) into the TV app like they did MLB and Friday Night Baseball. No need to re-invent the wheel or fix someone else's buggy app, IMO.
You are most likely right. I was thinking out loud in my post.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
I was just reading that. Interesting, if true. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd really like Apple to add more subscription options, such as a one team only plan.
A one team option would be awesome. If I could get 1 team for $199 I probably would. $199 is the sweet spot for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.