Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
I have a question I need help and advice on.

I really want to restore my iPhone and set up as new. Start afresh with everything but obviously use iCloud to bring my data (Contacts, Calendar) back... But I'd also like to bring back my Health and my Apple Watch Activity data (ie, my achieving rewards, ect)

Is there a way to do this?

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
So I just got back from a Genius Bar appointment For my iPhone 6 - have had battery issues over the last week. They ran diagnostics and the battery is ok, but it's a software issue and have been advised to Restore the iPhone and Set Up as new.

My only big concern about data loss is the Achievments I've worked hard to get over the last three month in the Acrivity app and some Health data

If I set up as new, this data won't come back via iCloud.

is there another way?

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
If you restore from an iCloud backup, the health data should come back. Setup as new though, I don't see how to get it back.

Last edited:

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Due to the serious 8.4.1 issues that I and a group of other users are experiencing I had exactly the same query as I assumed (mistakenly it turned out) that a full clean reset would solve the problem. It can be done, but it will cost you an app

• QS Access - Quantified Self Labs (free) allows you to export your health data to a CSV file.
  • Health Importer - Paradox Customs (paid) allows you to import the CSV file created by the above app into HealthKit

When you export the data, I would suggest you only export the fields that you used. When I exported all fields (with lots of blank data), the Importer App struggled and crashed. I currently only have 3 sets of data, and that imported fine.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I have a question I need help and advice on.

I really want to restore my iPhone and set up as new. Start afresh with everything but obviously use iCloud to bring my data (Contacts, Calendar) back... But I'd also like to bring back my Health and my Apple Watch Activity data (ie, my achieving rewards, ect)

Is there a way to do this?

Did you ever end up doing this? I'm in the same predicament.

Due to the serious 8.4.1 issues that I and a group of other users are experiencing I had exactly the same query as I assumed (mistakenly it turned out) that a full clean reset would solve the problem. It can be done, but it will cost you an app

• QS Access - Quantified Self Labs (free) allows you to export your health data to a CSV file.
  • Health Importer - Paradox Customs (paid) allows you to import the CSV file created by the above app into HealthKit

When you export the data, I would suggest you only export the fields that you used. When I exported all fields (with lots of blank data), the Importer App struggled and crashed. I currently only have 3 sets of data, and that imported fine.

Any idea at all if this is able to export and import Activity/Workouts/Achievements?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Did you ever end up doing this? I'm in the same predicament.

Any idea at all if this is able to export and import Activity/Workouts/Achievements?

I know this post is a couple months old, but incase anyone wants to know. There are a few third party methods floating around. Check out ibackupbot method and there is a iTunes backup decipher out there. Google will be your friend with both of these methods. Might have to do a little digging, but you'll eventually stumble upon them.

Reactions: profets
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.