Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hello.

I just wanted to inform that RetroArch and PSP emulator PPSSPP, are now available on the Apple App Store. And that includes the European one.

I wish Delta emulator would have been present on the European App Store as well, but they decided to go with their third party App Store, and those of us who aren’t interested in installing such stores, are missing the opportunity to enjoy them.

Last edited:

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I’m gonna attach the direct links to them, because apparently Apple doesn’t list them and you won’t find them by just searching in the App Store.

However, install them at your own risk, as I don’t know if they are from the original developer or not. Anyways, if Apple approved them, it’s because they’re safe, right?

@arn mentioning you in case you want to bring this to the front page.

Apple’s App Store Download Links:

PPSSPP

RetroArch

Smici

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2019
Nice!
Now please tell me, retroarch supports the magic keyboard for ipad? If yes, how can I set it up? 😅

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
I’m gonna attach the direct links to them, because apparently Apple doesn’t list them and you won’t find them by just searching in the App Store.

However, install them at your own risk, as I don’t know if they are from the original developer or not. Anyways, if Apple approved them, it’s because they’re safe, right?

@arn mentioning you in case you want to bring this to the front page.

Apple’s App Store Download Links:

PPSSPP

RetroArch
I typed in retro arch emulator and it shows up on the app store.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Video on how to setup ppsspp.
At first the PPSSPP folder didn't appear on my end at 'on my iPhone'. I installed one of the homebrew games via the app. Then next day it did show folder and moved my unpacked games to a new sub-folder PPSSPP > 'Games'. I've first tried iZip but was messy and hated the ads. I decided to support an indie developer and buy Keka to unpack the 7z files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pezimak

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
IMG_1817.jpeg
PSA: You can use Shortcuts to add 'open file' icons to your homescreen for individual games. Get the right icon images and they look great.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
At first the PPSSPP folder didn't appear on my end at 'on my iPhone'. I installed one of the homebrew games via the app. Then next day it did show folder and moved my unpacked games to a new sub-folder PPSSPP > 'Games'. I've first tried iZip but was messy and hated the ads. I decided to support an indie developer and buy Keka to unpack the 7z files.
It appeared that you didn't need software to unpack 7z file simply rename .zip and Apple's build in software can unpack the file.

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
It appeared that you didn't need software to unpack 7z file simply rename .zip and Apple's build in software can unpack the file.
I tried this and only ever got errors. It would be nice if Apple updated Files across all iDevices to support more file extensions and compression types.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.