Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

temna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2008
I have noticed that on my iPad mini Safari seems to pause while loading pages. I'm fully upgraded to 6.1.3. I've closed all the other apps. I've tried deleting the website data. I deleted the wifi connection thinking there might be a glitch there. Anyone else see this? Anyone have a fix?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Are you doing anything WHILE its loading?

iOS prioritizes user input on the touch interface to make it fluid. So if you put your finger on the screen and start scrolling it will pause loading/downloading until you stop.

Maybe you are slowly scrolling while you are waiting causing it to pause?

temna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2008
Honestly, I'm not doing anything. And since I was worried about it maybe being a memory issue, I closed all the other apps. I also deleted a few apps just to see if storage might be an issue. The only other thing I can check is if using bluetooth might somehow cause this?

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I have this sometimes on my iPad 3. Safari starts loading a page and then pauses with the loading bar at 1/5 or so. Most of the time, after a few seconds it loads the rest. I also tried closing other apps: sometimes it looks like it helps, sometimes not.

At one point, both the iPad2 of my wife and my iPad3 had this. I then reset my WiFi router and everything was OK.

temna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2008
I thought about trying something with the router, but I have a new router in the basement with wifi turned off and a Netgear router upstairs running DD-WRT acting as an access point. I have never had an issue with this setup, not with the Netgear running now for probably three years now. I have deleted the connection and reset wireless on the ipad.

Any other ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.