Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung in July introduced its latest tablet offering, the 14.6-inch Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra. This is Samsung's best and biggest tablet to date, so we thought we'd see how it compares to the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.

At 14.6 inches, The Tab S9 Ultra is notably bigger than the iPad Pro, and it has an impressive OLED display with deep blacks and rich colors. Apple is using mini-LED for the latest iPad Pro and there are rumors that it will transition to OLED, but Apple hasn't made it there yet.

galaxy-tab-s9-2.jpg

There's an under-display fingerprint sensor that is supplemented by facial recognition (Samsung's facial recognition still can't compare to Face ID), and a horizontal front camera so you can use the front-facing camera in landscape orientation, unlike with the iPad Pro. There's no Apple Pencil, but Samsung's tablets use the S-Pen, which is feature rich and comparable to Apple Pencil (plus it's included in the price). Latency is about the same, and there's a convenient charging spot for it at the back of the tablet.

galaxy-tab-s9-6.jpg

The battery lasts for about eight hours and for storage, it supports a microSD card, which is not true of any Apple products. It's IP68 water and dust resistant, which is a higher ingress rating than the iPads.

There are some notable annoyances, such as the $350 keyboard cover that's heavy, can't be used on a lap, and has a jittery, hard-to-use trackpad. The speakers are not as good as the speakers in the iPad Pro, and overall, Android on a tablet doesn't have the smoothness or usability of iPadOS on an iPad.

What do you think of the Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra? Let us know in the comments below.

Article Link: Samsung's New Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra vs. iPad Pro

Last edited:

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Transcript

anaisite said:
This video is sponsored by Xbloom and its new Xbloom coffee machine. Stick around till the end of this video tolearn more. So this probably doesn't surprise many of you, but I am an iPad user and that is one of those areaswhere I don't really mess around with a lot of other tablets.

Mostly because there really aren't a lot of other good tablets out there. There have been a couple, but it doesn'tmatter. Pass the test testing period.

I almost always go back to the iPad, specifically the iPad Pro. And I think a lot of people, whether you're an Androidfan or an Apple fan, I think a lot of people all just kind of agree that iPads are the king of tablets. Certainly salesagree with that, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other really good tablets out there.

And I think over the last few years, samsung has really nailed that market and has been picking up a lot ofcustomers. And it starts with the Tab S series, specifically the Ultra. Last year was the first Ultra tablet that I've everused and this year is the new Tab S Nine Ultra that I've been using for the last week or so.

And honestly, I really, really love it. It's everything that I want in an iPad. Software is up for discussion and I'll talkabout that in a minute.

But in this video I'm mostly just going to give you, from an iPad user's perspective, the things that I like and thethings that I don't like about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S Nine Ultra. So let's start with one thing that I like and then I'llgive you one thing that I am not a fan of. But we'll start with the actual biggest part of this tablet, and that is thedisplay.

This is a 1848 by 29 60 resolution, 14.6 beautiful big ol OLED display. I love it.

It looks amazing. The iPad Pro is kind of the baseline for this video, so I might reference that a little bit. This isn't adirect comparison, but just for perspective, that has a I don't know the dimensions, but it is a 12.9

inch display. So obviously this is almost two inches bigger. But it's certainly not like a huge tablet in the sense thatyou kind of feel like you're carrying.

I mean, it is, it is big, but I don't feel like I can't hold this in my hand any more so than I could the 12.9 inch. To be clear,I do not use this like this very often.

It is almost always docked to this keyboard case, which is how I use my iPad Pro. Almost always on the magickeyboard. But anyways, back to the display.

I just think that even though Apple's Mini Led display and the iPad Pros are really, really good, this is still just a trueOLED. The darks are so much more deep and it's just rich the contrast just pops off the charts. It's very vibrant, verybright.

Great display. By far the best on a tablet that I've ever used. Another thing I like about the display is actually what'sunderneath it.

There is an optical fingerprint sensor here. I like that I could just place my thumb on it and then get it docked up hereand ready to go. I guess if the power button kind of like the iPad Air was right here and you integrated a sensor there,that would be okay.

But I think it just makes sense for it to be in the display and be in the location that it's in right now. And it's pretty fast.It's quick.

As you can see, I have it set to swipe to unlock. But is this a better solution than Apple's Face ID? No. And now we'regoing to switch over to one thing I don't like, which is this little notch area here.

And it's not for the notch. I'm not a hypocrite. I've used the notch for years with the iPhone.

The notch is fine. It's just the fact that facial recognition is not great. You need to be in a very well lit environment forit to work.

The iPad is so much better at working in not ideal conditions for lighting. This is basically nonexistent for me, or atleast just during my week of testing. It hasn't been good in darker situations.

Obviously, right now I can tap and it's getting takes a little just it's not as fast as Apple's Face ID, which is fine. Itdoesn't have nearly the same stuff going on here in that notch like the true depth camera system has. But I'm gladthat you have a backup with the fingerprint sensor.

But I prefer the fingerprint sensor just because the facial recognition here is not as good, which is obviously the onething that I do not like. Switching back to something I do like, and it's sticking in that same area. I love that thecamera is horizontal.

Apple started to do that with the iPad, but they haven't done it to the iPad Pros yet, which is where it makes sense forthe cameras to be in a horizontal position. So in this little notch area, you have two cameras, one wide, one ultrawide. This is a horrible angle, but if you prop it up a little better, it just makes way more sense to have a chat this waywhere it actually looks like I'm looking at the camera and head on, as opposed to what Apple does with the iPad Proand puts it off to the side.

So that is a nice little touch there and something that I do like. So we just did something I like. So let's go back tosomething I'm not a fan of, and that is the keyboard cover.

It's kind of a love hate because there's going to be some things that I do like about the keyboard case and somethings I don't. Let's start with the price. And before anybody freaks out and says you're being Apple biased, apple'snot off the hook here either.

$350 for a keyboard case, regardless of who you are as a company, is absurd. Now, with that said, something I dolike about this whole situation is that if you were to buy an iPad Pro, you got to buy the iPad Pro, the Apple Pencil andthe magic keyboard. I think that's just kind of par for the course, for the experience.

You might be able to get away with not having an Apple Pencil. But if you're at all interested in the stylus, I suggestyou pick it up. That's $99.

The keyboard's 350 and the iPad Pro starts at whatever it does well over $1,000, just like this tablet. But the onething you can say is that Samsung actually gives you the spen in the box. I really like that.

And what I really like about this keyboard case is that it detaches. And so you do have like a little stand here, if I canshow you. And then there's also a place to magnetically attach, which is on the back.

Much better than being on the top. It's on the back. It doesn't matter which way you put it, it will charge.

I just dropped it. But anyways, the point is you put it on here, it charges and when you put this case on, as you cansee, boom, it protects it. It's not going anywhere.

You don't know how many times I have dropped in my bag or have lost my Apple Pencil when it's docked on the tophere. It's not a great location. And so anyways, you got the little kickstand here.

I do like the case. I like the case in the sense that it's really nice to type on. I like this situation that you have whenyou're on a table.

I will get to more information about that in a second. Why I specified table because that's really important. The feelof it.

It's very good. It's a very nice full size keyboard. The keys are nice and tactile.

The trackpad size is good. The trackpad itself is not my favorite. The trackpad software is horrible.

I never really liked the iPad Pro's implementation of using a cursor where you have the little circle and it adapt. But Idon't know, that makes more sense than the way Apple or I'm sorry, than the way Samsung did this, which you mightbe thinking, why would that make more sense? Samsung basically adopted a traditional cursor like you would on alaptop. And that's fine, that's what I want.

But it's so bad at slowing itself down and there's even a setting here where it's on by default and it kind of moves onits own when you get to an area because it thinks it's going to predict what you want to select and oftentimes I'mzooming past it when I'm not trying to. And even when turning that setting off, I still have that problem. So not a fanof the trackpad and the cursor in general.

But what I do like about the case is that when you dock it to the actual keyboard part, it launches into Samsung Dex,which is basically turning your tablet into a laptop experience, giving you a more Windows Chrome OS type look andfeel and just making it better for multitasking. You can have more than the three windows that you're allowed whenyou're in regular tablet mode. You can have more than three apps.

I mean, and you can stack them on top of each other. It's just much more of a normal laptop with this is very similarto Stage Manager in a sense. But Samsung has been doing this for many years now, so they've kind of had thisnailed down.

Apple is getting better. Stage Manager now allows for up to four different windows, and you can kind of move thingsfreely, but it's not nearly as free and desktop laptop like with the Samsung Dex experience. And so I do like that itlaunches into that you can obviously get out of it and use the keyboard still in the same way, just as a normal tablet.

And yeah, so that's kind of what I like about the keyboard case. And obviously what I dislike is the trackpad. And I likethis when you're on a table or desk, this little kickstand here.

I do not like it when you try to use it on your lap. Lap ability is a word that I don't know if I made up, but I use todetermine whether it's a laptop or a tablet specifically is good on your lap. The keyboard for the iPad Pro, the magickeyboard, that actually has pretty decent lap ability.

It's not as good as an actual laptop, but it can be done. You can use it. You cannot use this on your lap.

This is very much like the 10th generation iPad, I believe it is, with that case where it detaches much like a Surface,Microsoft Surface. These just do not hold up well on your lap. So if you plan to use this as a traditional laptop, you'renot going to really enjoy that aspect.

But if you're using it on a tabletop or a desk, it's totally fine. It's actually a really enjoyable experience. All right,moving back to the Spen.

I really like the spen. I love that it's included in the box and for the price, so you don't actually have to pay extra forthis great move. And so I love that you can just immediately take it out.

As you can see here, it's asking me to write. I like the little sound effects. Let's see if you can hear that.

Maybe see if I can put it up to the yeah, so cool. Little sound effects. The trackpad or I'm sorry, the Stylus has veryminimal, if any, latency.

It's honestly right on par with an Apple Pencil. I think designers, graphic designers would be really happy with this.People who want to take notes would be really happy with this.

And I do think a lot of people would like this more than an iPad Pro just because there's the standard Spenfunctionality that you would get with like the old Note phones. And now with the S 22 23 Ultra, you have the ability toget into a new Note smart, select Screenwrite, Live Messages, AR Doodle, Translate Pen up, which I'm not reallysure what that is. I kind of forget it's like a whole thing.

But then there are so many other shortcuts you can add, you can be able to write on your calendar, start coloring,get into different apps if you wanted to, and have shortcuts with The Stylus as something that you just cannot doreally. With the Apple Pencil, there are some more extra features, but it's mostly just when you're writing, which Imean is what The Stylus is for. But there are so many other things you can do.

There's a little button on this that allows you to take pictures and it's just a better experience. Samsung has thisnailed down and now that the latency is practically non existent, I just think it's better than an Apple Pencil. And bythe way, I still can't get over how cool this is.

You just put it on the back, fold the case up, it's not going anywhere. Alright, so the rest of this video, I'm just gonnarapid fire some more things that I like and there's like a couple of things that I don't like, but mostly more things that Ilike than I dislike at this point. So battery life has been pretty good.

Seven to 8 hours of screen on time. I haven't really killed it without in the middle of doing something, playing games,writing up scripts and documents. And honestly, I've been watching a lot of Netflix on this as like a secondary devicewhile working and doing other things and just kind of having it off in the background.

This display is so good for watching content that that's what I want to do with it. I haven't been able to travel with ityet. I will be in the next week or two going on a plane.

Kind of want to see how this big form factor works on a small tray table. Having kind of a guess that that's not goingto be something I'm going to enjoy just because it's just size. The size is big, so taking anything kind of large on mainkind of sucks.

But it is what it is. The display is so good that it's going to be hard for me not to want to take this, but yeah, batterylife has been great. It's never died in the middle of my tasks, and I've been able to plug it in.

It fast charges, and so that's really good. The storage starts at 256, goes all the way up to 1 TB. But none of thatmatters because there is a micro SD card slot still in this.

And so you can expand your storage and save just about anything that you want on your Micro SD card slot. Saveyourself some money if you want to go with the base storage model, and then just get a micro SD card. And if youalready have one, even better.

You don't have to spend more money and you can just throw it in. There something that not a lot of people are doingout there. Not a lot of OEMs are still doing micro SD.

So shout out to Samsung for doing that. I have been really enjoying that little feature. There another new feature forthis is that it's IP 68, dust and water resistant.

Kind of a weird thing to have, but I guess that's cool if you're like somebody who uses this tablet while you'recooking. Or maybe you're out by the pool. Or maybe this is your new bath time tablet and you want to prop it up on alittle bath shelf, and a kid walks in, accidentally knocks it over into the bath.

You don't have to worry about it. This can be submerged in water, which is wild to think about for something this big.Then inside, the performance has been excellent.

There's a snapdragon eight gen, two processor. You can get twelve gigs of Ram for most models, or 16. I think withthe top tier model, twelve gigs has been just fine.

I have noticed no lag or performance issues. Same with the iPad pro. They're both great.

My only other real issue is just Android as a software for tablets. It's not always been the best. Samsung has beendoing this for a little while, so they've gotten a lot of their own first party features down and have been able to takeadvantage of large screens and do a really good job in tablet mode.

Like I mentioned, you can have three nice big, beautiful apps going at the same time if you go into Dex. That'sanother way that Samsung has been improving and making this a great productivity tool. And my favorite thing touse honestly, over the last week, I use a phone.

I think I like Android for a little bit, and then I switch back to iOS with iPads. I'm not a big fan of iPadOS, it's fine. Butthe only thing that Apple really does well with iPadOS is honestly just the apps.

The apps are so much better. They look better, they have more functionality sometimes depending on the app, thanAndroid. And Android knows that and Google knows that.

And so they've been trying to invest into making those apps better and to making the experience better on largerscreens. I believe it's like Android L or whatever, but Samsung's doing its best. But sometimes I'm just not a fan ofthe way Android looks and feels on a large screen.

But overall, it has been great for me for the most part, and I've absolutely loved this. The price is not ideal, but it's justpriced in line with the iPad Pro. So would I say maybe get the Tab S Nine or S Nine Plus or whatever they're callingthe other two? Yeah, that's probably a better buy.

But I really like the ultra. It is a powerhouse and I've been enjoying it so far over the last week. An iPad user enjoyingSamsung.

We can coexist. I like technology and I'm loving this one. But I would love to hear from you in the comments downbelow.

What are your thoughts on this big, beautiful tablet? It's not much of an upgrade from last year's Tab S Eight Ultra,but if you're coming from anything else, if you're coming from an iPad, even an iPad Pro, I've been gushing abouthow this display is, the keyboard, the experience. I've been gushing over it. So even you might think that this is apretty big upgrade going from basically any iPad.

So I would love to hear from you in the comments down below. And before we end today's video, I'm going to switchover to a different dan wearing a different shirt in a different set to tell you about today's sponsor, Xbloom, and itsXbloom Coffee machine. This is a capsule machine, but trust me, it's unlike anything you've ever seen before.

This is a sleek and modern machine that's perfect for those who appreciate finer coffee moments. And guess what?The experts agree it's the first machine that truly embodies the essence of third wave coffee. Now, my firstimpressions of this machine is that it is incredibly sturdy and very well built.

Created by two Apple veterans, its elegant geometric forms and premium metallic finish is definitely a countertopstatement. Or just simply put, it looks amazing. These pods that the machine uses contain 15 grams of freshlyroasted whole beans.

Their curated marketplace features top roasters from the US, canada and Europe with new releases all the time.Each coffee is dialed in with its detailed brewing recipe in the NFC tag on the bottom of the pod to bring out the bestflavors. And the biodegradable material made from sugarcane is the sweet finishing detail.

It's super intuitive to use. There's no complicated screens or buttons, just scan, pour and tap. Usually it takes even aprofessional five to ten tries to get the coffee's flavors right.

All of those are taken care of and stored in the NFC, and Xbloom is able to execute it perfectly every time. You canguarantee that you're now drinking this particular cup of coffee at its finest flavor. I can't believe I was drinking, like,sometimes stale coffee for years, and I'm never going back to an old filtered drip machine coffee ever again.

The Xbloom offers so much versatility, you can use it as grinder, personalize your own recipes, and explore differentspecialty coffees without committing to a whole bag. So whether you're an experienced coffee lover or just startingyour coffee journey, the Xbloom is a game changer. Trust me, once you taste the difference, there's no going back.

Cheers to a new way of enjoying coffee.

anthogag

macrumors 68020
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
I have the 12.9" M2 iPad Pro. After watching your video I have 0 interest in the Samsung tablet.

I don't like the screen aspect ratio for the Samsung. It looks like it's designed to primarily operate with the keyboard like a laptop.

You use the keyboard with your iPad; 98%. You have little experience using the Pencil. Occasionally you grab it to draw some lines.

I don't use a keyboard. I use the Pencil for almost everything. Editing, picking, writing, scrolling, screen shots, using apps,...swipe keyboard is much better using the Pencil to choose letters.

It's quite obvious the Samsung doesn't have Hover. Hover is great on my iPad.

FaceID is much better than finger print.

The most significant complaint I have using the Pencil+iPad is it should be much easier to switch between small and full size keyboard. If I touch the screen with my finger it should open the large keyboard. If I touch the screen with the Pencil the small keyboard opens.

If you need a keyboard and mouse for extended typing on the iPad use continuity.

Last edited:

DailySlow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2015
NOVA

Samsung in July introduced its latest tablet offering, the 14.6-inch Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra. This is Samsung's best and biggest tablet to date, so we thought we'd see how it compares to the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.

At 14.6 inches, The Tab S9 Ultra is notably bigger than the iPad Pro, and it has an impressive OLED display with deep blacks and rich colors. Apple is using mini-LED for the latest iPad Pro and there are rumors that it will transition to OLED, but Apple hasn't made it there yet.

galaxy-tab-s9-2.jpg

There's an under-display fingerprint sensor that is supplemented by facial recognition (Samsung's facial recognition still can't compare to Face ID), and a horizontal front camera so you can use the front-facing camera in landscape orientation, unlike with the iPad Pro. There's no Apple Pencil, but Samsung's tablets use the S-Pen, which is feature rich and comparable to Apple Pencil (plus it's included in the price). Latency is about the same, and there's a convenient charging spot for it at the back of the tablet.

galaxy-tab-s9-6.jpg

The battery lasts for about eight hours and for storage, it supports a microSD card, which is not true of any Apple products. It's IP68 water and dust resistant, which is a higher ingress rating than the iPads.

There are some notable annoyances, such as the $350 keyboard cover that's heavy, can't be used on a lap, and has a jittery, hard-to-use trackpad. The speakers are not as good as the speakers in the iPad Pro, and overall, Android on a tablet doesn't have the smoothness or usability of iPadOS on an iPad.

What do you think of the Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra? Let us know in the comments below.

Article Link: Samsung's New Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra vs. iPad Pro
One word: Micro SD

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
The big deal is the regular 11" tab s9 now has a AMOLED screen. Larger speakers, better processor. If you pre-ordered then you got a bump to 256gb storage/12gb ram free. Compare that to an iPad Pro 11" and the only edge the iPad has is the m2 and iPadOS. Considering you get a better screen and s pen with the tab s9 for some people the screen may be enough to get them to try an Android tablet.

It would be nice to see a comparison between the tab s9 and the iPad Pro 11" with m2. That would be nice to see.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I have the Tab S8 Ultra and iPad Pro 12.9 M2.

The S8 Ultra keyboard cover is better on soft surfaces like the couch or bed. The Floating Magic Keyboard for the iPad likes to tip over on soft surfaces and sometimes on my lap if not careful. The Floating Magic Keyboard is definitely better for carrying it around without closing it. The Magic Keyboard lacks an ESC key (Yes, that annoys me). The S-Pen cover built into the keyboard cover is a huge plus. Wish the Magic Keyboard had that for the Pencil.

Samsung seemed to cheap out with the Tab S9 Ultra. No free keyboard cover included with pre orders. The S8 Ultra pre order came with a free keyboard cover.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I have the Tab S8 Ultra and iPad Pro 12.9 M2.

The S8 Ultra keyboard cover is better on soft surfaces like the couch or bed. The Floating Magic Keyboard for the iPad likes to tip over on soft surfaces and sometimes on my lap if not careful. The Floating Magic Keyboard is definitely better for carrying it around without closing it. The Magic Keyboard lacks an ESC key (Yes, that annoys me). The S-Pen cover built into the keyboard cover is a huge plus. Wish the Magic Keyboard had that for the Pencil.

Samsung seemed to cheap out with the Tab S9 Ultra. No free keyboard cover included with pre orders. The S8 Ultra pre order came with a free keyboard cover.
To be fair they did bump up the specs on pre order and gave a high trade in value.

I personally would rather have more ram and storage for free than a keyboard but that is because I don't use a keyboard. Would have been nice if they gave people a choice? Free keyboard or free spec upgrade.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
so it is possible!:
OLED in iPad size screen
Touch ID under display
Face ID in both orientations
Camera on both orientations
Air commands with a “pencil”.
What are you waiting Apple????
It is also possible to give an 11" as good a screen as your largest tablet......iPad Pro 11"?

Practically zero apps optimised for andy dandy tablets.

Look at those icons too. Does Samsung design everything for kids?
That is really not true. A lot of apps work the same on iOS as on Android with very minor differences.

Of course if an Android user doesn't like the icons, they can change them.

Of course I don't understand the need for a large tablet but if I wanted one, I would want the biggest with the best screen. Seems like the tab S9 ultra might have an edge for those who like big screen tablets.

Nice hardware and some nice features too. If only it ran iPadOS.

Too bad iPadOS is pretty limited compared to a Mac yet it runs a Mac chip. iPads have nice hardware and some nice features too. If it only ran Android you could actually do more with it. Like Dex. Dex may not be perfect but it is much more useful than stage manager.

But the thing is that both a nice Android tablet and a nice iPad can co-exist in the same universe. It is possible.

People who like iPad, have a Mac and an iPhone will mostly never buy a tablet like Samsung is selling no matter how good it is. They will argue certain points endlessly to win the argument in their eyes. Problem is that the points they make are only valid if you are already in the Apple ecosystem. If you are not, then the repeated mantra is the apps in Android suck compared to iOS. I have been using both Android and iOS for years and I don't see the stark difference in apps.

It doesn't matter if you like iPads or Tab S9. The hardware on the base tab s9 11" is really good and the Ultra is pretty amazing. The software is already good since Android 12L and may continue to improve because Google is now selling tablets and they may release new features that eventually get incorporated into all Android devices.

So why don't we talk about what we would like to see Apple do that Samsung has already done like larger displays, AMOLED, etc.

Last edited:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
It’s weird that Samsung is now releasing square phones and rectangular tablets. Shouldn’t it be more the other way?

Reactions: max2

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
No. Can't have anything but my confirmation bias confirmed. Anything outside my narrow parameters does not count.

An adult conversation about what makes the S9 ultra sound appealing to some seems to be impossible without tribal wars. It is so ridiculous and redundant that it is ridiculous how redundant the tribal war camps are.

People use multiple platforms at the same time in the same house. We are past picking sides and just pick what works within our budget.

There is nothing inherently superior about either Android or iOS and if I wanted a tablet that was the most useful in all situations then it would be a surface Pro with Windows.

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I don't use a keyboard. I use the Pencil for almost everything. Editing, picking, writing, scrolling, screen shots, using apps,...swipe keyboard is much better using the Pencil to choose letters.
Quite interesting! I fail big time at typing with the pencil… scrolling and pointing is amazing, and the continuity when working on the Mac desktop/laptop for screenshots markup annotations, affinity photo with sidecar, etc 🤌. Amazing.
But the best I manage to do is scratch type wise is to delete and separate words… I’m very bad at that pen typing thing.

Now, what did you mean by swipe keyboard? I definitely don’t tend to have an onscreen keyboard appearing for the most part… it’s hidden behind some pen specific widgets.

The Magic Keyboard lacks an ESC key (Yes, that annoys me).
Agreed.
Tip: I have gone ahead and sacrificed the caps lock key to do esc instead, that config possibility there on the keyboard settings.

It’s horrible… and that’s a mistake because they were already promoting swift playgrounds before these keyboards started appearing, ESC brings auto-completion/intellisense for god’s sake.
(Side remark: Swift Playgrounds I have found it to be amazing… you can totally learn Swift and SwiftUI there, started doing the 100 days of SwiftUI free course and a lot of the doodling, exercises, tests, etc can be done there. Best part, it also opens as is on your Mac standalone Playgrounds. More advanced projects, like some that use CoreML definitely not there yet.)

Sometimes I get out of my way and connect a short Magic Keyboard that I have laying around.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.