Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hotfeet

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I'm specifically wondering about the weight and thickness. I previously bought an Apple Folio keyboard for my 13" iPad Pro 6th gen because it was thinner and not as heavy as the Magic. I suspect I might need to wait for a third-party version.

bscheffel

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
checked all over the Apple website and they don't give dimensions or weight for the Magic Keyboard for M4 Pro....

DaniTheFox

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2023
Switzerland
I'm specifically wondering about the weight and thickness. I previously bought an Apple Folio keyboard for my 13" iPad Pro 6th gen because it was thinner and not as heavy as the Magic. I suspect I might need to wait for a third-party version.
checked all over the Apple website and they don't give dimensions or weight for the Magic Keyboard for M4 Pro....
They never had. Which is a shame.

• Love
Reactions: jazz1

soldano

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
Apple not doing a Smart Folio keyboard for the M4 iPad pros is a mistake. I MUCH prefer them to the Magic Keyboard - if I want that much weight and size I'll just use my MacBook.

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Apple not doing a Smart Folio keyboard for the M4 iPad pros is a mistake. I MUCH prefer them to the Magic Keyboard - if I want that much weight and size I'll just use my MacBook.
Let's be honest... did Apple really "make" them after the Magic Keyboard came out or was it just a matter of tons and tons of overstock left over that just happened to be compatible with new models until now.

Reactions: yegon and lyngo

DaniTheFox

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2023
Switzerland
Now it is the question: is the old folio (or a new one if they will do one) really still lighter than the new Magic Keyboard. If not somebody who bought one give us this information in a couple of day, we don’t know. I hope this is what the internet is, when Apple is not willing to give us this information.
My iPad Pro 12.9 is much bigger an heavier than my 12“ MackBook.
Oh, could it be that this combination is the new MacBook we all wish for.

Hotfeet

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I'm wondering if my old Folio will work with the new iPad Pro. From the specs, the length and width of the new 13" Pro are almost exactly the same as the length and width of the old 13" Pro, but it is the thickness has made a more significant change: 0.25" for the 6th gen and 0.20" for the 7th. Will be interesting to try when my new 13" arrives Wednesday. It might not be too difficult to find a method for a secure fit. I don't care if the rear-facing camera of the new Pro doesn't quite line up with the ports of my Folio -- I never use the rear-facing camera anyway.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
IMG_6388.jpeg

From Brian Tong's YouTube unboxing video. The 13" M4 iPad Pro w/ Magic Keyboard is essentially the weight of the M3 13" MacBook Air

Reactions: LorneMalvo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.