Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
I would like to email a collection of links that when opened by the browser opens each link in a separate tab. Is that possible? If so how do I create that file?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
That's a function of the end-user's web browser and their specific settings. There's nothing you do in the email itself that will affect that process.

Reactions: mscir

mscir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
That's a function of the end-user's web browser and their specific settings. There's nothing you do in the email itself that will affect that process.
I was hoping someone would post a solution that the typical Mac browser Safari would make available.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I think you're searching for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Safari already allows you to open every page in a new tab (it might even be the default, but I don't remember). When I click multiple links from an email, it opens each link in a separate Safari tab... always has.

One way or another, you have no control over it because it's handled by the reader's OS and browser - not code you can add to an email.

Reactions: mscir

mscir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
I think you're searching for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Safari already allows you to open every page in a new tab (it might even be the default, but I don't remember). When I click multiple links from an email, it opens each link in a separate Safari tab... always has.

One way or another, you have no control over it because it's handled by the reader's OS and browser - not code you can add to an email.
I was thinking there might be a way to select a file that had a link on each line and the browser would open them all into separate tabs after selecting the file, but clicking isn't that big of a deal so I'll look into that. I'm a Windoze user wanting to send a list of links to a Mac user who isn't technically proficient and was searching for the simplest solution. Thank you.

mscir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
RESOLVED

(If there's a way to mark this thread resolved I couldn't find it, pls lmk. Thanks everyone who replied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.