Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm creating this thread because iOS 12.5.3 is a HUGE update compared to all the recent updates to iOS 12... ?

Does anyone have a link for information if this is a safe update for my iPad Mini 3? My iPad Mini 3 doesn't support iOS 13 or iOS 14.

Thank you for any help!

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Thank you for your replies RunsForFun and i7guy!

I'm looking at the link you posted, but I'm not familiar with what WebKit is?

How serious is this update?

Has anyone had problems with this update because it's so large compared to previous iOS 12 Updates?

AdamNC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2018
Leland NC
Webkit is what Safri is built with in terms of coding. This update prevents people from sending virus's, and or getting info off your phone to put in simple terms.

Reactions: Runs For Fun

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Thank you for the question BeautifulWoman_1984. I agree that iOS 12.5.3 is a HUGE update compared to all the recent updates to iOS 12. Have you found any information about how serious is this update?

Reactions: BeautifulWoman_1984

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
Thank you for the question BeautifulWoman_1984. I agree that iOS 12.5.3 is a HUGE update compared to all the recent updates to iOS 12. Have you found any information about how serious is this update?
It contains security fixes for flaws which are being actively exploited for web browsers on apple Devices.

You should certainly install this

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Just install it. It will make your phone safer.
Thank you for your reply AdamNC, but my device is an iPad Mini 3. Does it matter that I'll be installing this update on an iPad Mini 3 and not an iPhone?

Could anyone please post if they've had problems after installing this iOS 12.5.3 Update?

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Article is click bait. You’re putting yourself at risk by not updating.
Wow, really RunsForFun???

It's unbelievable to me that people would deliberately put false information on the Internet just so they can get some extra clicks... ☹️ ?

By the way, does anyone know when Apple will stop updating iOS 12? I'm not worried about new feature updates for iOS 12, but I'm definitely worried about how long my iPad Mini 3 running iOS 12 will be secure.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2019
Thank you for the question BeautifulWoman_1984.

I downloaded and installed iOS 12.5.3 to my mom’s iPhone 6 and i recommend you to download it too.

It’s been and will be the best idea to download and install the latest software update to Apple devices since it is the best way to keep your devices secure against all threats.

I also suggest you to disregard all comments stating not to update and wait for the next update in order to avoid any possible software irregularities.

Have a great day.

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Thank you for your replies!

I'm guessing this update will take a long time to install since it's soooo big compared to all of the recent updates?

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
I just wanted to let everyone know that this has update has worked flawlessly for me.

EDIT:
If people aren't sure about updating or not and are worried about conflicts, all I can say is: I've been running for 20 days now and no problems at all. Seems like a very safe update and I can only say positive things about it.

Reactions: murad_fourth

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2019
I just wanted to let everyone know that this has update has worked flawlessly for me.

EDIT:
If people aren't sure about updating or not and are worried about conflicts, all I can say is: I've been running for 20 days now and no problems at all. Seems like a very safe update and I can only say positive things about it.
That’s great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.