Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainBlue

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
London, United Kingdom
I was going to buy a new iPad Air for myself, but realising I only really want to use it for one app - FulGaz - basically as a workout screen with downloaded video rides, we decided instead to buy the iPad Air for my wife and I'd take over her older one, an iPad Air (4th Generation).

After I pressed the button, I realised her current one has only 64GB of storage...

So when we've set up her new one, how is best to set up her old one for me?

I'd like all of my settings like email and calendar accounts included, passwords and log-in details, etc. but not all of the apps and none of my photos and videos (although I'd like screenshots I take to sync with my other devices).

I thought about restoring from my iPad mini (6th generation) but that has 256GB storage with 'only' 90GB left and a load of apps that I simply won't want or need on the Pain Cave iPad.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
The best way I know is simply to set it up 'clean' as a new device vs. restoring from backup. I tend to clutter up my devices over time with apps and media and I don't always know where the space is eaten up. Every couple of years or so, I just go through the pain of entering passwords and re-syncing emails, calendar accounts etc.

Good luck!

Reactions: CaptainBlue

CaptainBlue

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
London, United Kingdom
The best way I know is simply to set it up 'clean' as a new device vs. restoring from backup. I tend to clutter up my devices over time with apps and media and I don't always know where the space is eaten up. Every couple of years or so, I just go through the pain of entering passwords and re-syncing emails, calendar accounts etc.

Good luck!
Thanks!

I suspect you’re right but it’s a pain trying to get all the email accounts set up again.

At least there’s only the one WiFi account for the Pain Cave alone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.