Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ufgatorvet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Savannah, GA
I use Shortcuts and Personal Automations to change my watch face (AW7) four times a day based on the time. Other tasks in the automation work, like manipulating Always On, but the watch faces no longer change. This happened just in the last week or so. Running iOS 16.3.1. on iP13.

I see this error on my AW. Is it an AW problem? Or iOS problem?

Shortcuts
- Automation failed

"At sunset, daily" encountered an er-for: The operation couldn't be completed. (INCExten-sionErrorDomain error 1307.)

Googling this hasn't shed any light on it. Anyone see this error? Fixes?

Thanks

Last edited:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Never seen that one, but when I get weird Shortcuts errors, swipe/quit[close] usually clears it. Worst case scenario, restart the device.

My Watch face changing Shortcuts are working just fine for me, no errors. iOS 16.3.1 (SE 2020), WatchOS 9.3.1 (SE).

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I use Shortcuts and Personal Automations to change my watch face (AW7) four times a day based on the time. Other tasks in the automation work, like manipulating Always On, but the watch faces no longer change. This happened just in the last week or so. Running iOS 16.3.1. on iP13.

I see this error on my AW. Is it an AW problem? Or iOS problem?

Shortcuts
- Automation failed

"At sunset, daily" encountered an er-for: The operation couldn't be completed. (INCExten-sionErrorDomain error 1307.)

Googling this hasn't shed any light on it. Anyone see this error? Fixes?

Thanks
Did you figure this out? I just started getting this today on a shortcut that’s been working for 2 days without issue.

My shortcut pulls changes in from github.com . I’m getting the changes , but the error message is irritating since the shortcuts runs every time that I interact with the app.

MacDream

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2007
Same error here since I started using Shortcuts Automations 9 months ago.
They control A/C and fans every 1/2 hour all day. On and Off.
96 of then.
They have always missed several actions a day due to this error.
I have changed router, iPad (were those 96 Personal Automations are built), and the approach to communicate with the A/C Nest thermostat, while the fans are natively exposed to Home app with HomeKit Switches, to no avail.
Any additional info about this issue?
Thank you!

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 8.48.26 AM.png

jmdv

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2023
Hi, this is also happening to me in an automation triggered by plugging or unplugging my phone.

Happened in iOS 16 and also happens in iOS 17. Hopefully anybody can throw more light into this issue.

Thanks.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
Happens to me too, but only on one device out of two. I wonder if it is related to iCloud syncing.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I wonder if it is related to iCloud syncing.

Interesting theory.

Seen some issues with syncing Shortcut changes between devices (eg. two versions of the same Shortcut on a device and getting asked which one to use when viewing it) as I tend to do most of the coding on Mac or iPad (bigger screens) and bulk of my Shortcuts run on iPhone, but have not seen any error like seen in this thread.

So the sync issue could be tested, I guess: try to bring up the problematic Shortcut and see if get a warning/error message of some sort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.