Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 4, 2003
Is there a way to reduce the default image size, at least in the non photography threads? As it is right now, if someone posts a screen shot or a meme, it dominates the text posts around it, sometimes forcing the browser to scroll away from the target post when clicking a link back.

There's manual ways around this-- inserting thumbnails, or manually resizing the image (which doesn't seem to work well on iPad BTW)-- but optional things often aren't done so a better default would seem helpful.

Photo threads are a different beast, where the image is the point of the thread rather than discussion. There's comparatively fewer of those, though, so I'm not sure that use should set the default for all forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Is there a way to reduce the default image size

You can easily and dynamically change the size of the image. just click the image in your post and then drag the curors to the desired size
2023-08-04_18-04-22.png

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 4, 2003
You can easily and dynamically change the size of the image. just click the image in your post and then drag the curors to the desired size
View attachment 2241636

Yes, I know:

There's manual ways around this-- inserting thumbnails, or manually resizing the image (which doesn't seem to work well on iPad BTW)-- but optional things often aren't done so a better default would seem helpful.

My point is that when people don't easily and dynamically change the size of their images, they visually dominate the posts around them and make the thread difficult to follow and navigate.

Reactions: KaliYoni

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My point is that when people don't easily and dynamically change the size of their images, they visually dominate the posts around them and make the thread difficult to follow and navigate.
I think its fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I gave you the option of editing your own post. I disagree that it so bad that its difficult to follow the post. Its not like everyone is posting tons of images, (outside of the picture threads), its quite the rarity, and even then many of the images are just memes, other images actually serve a purpose at communicating, so making it smaller could have a negative impact.

Seems more of a you problem and changing it to suit you negatively impacts the rest of us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.