Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zephonic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
greater L.A. area
I’m always an OS generation (or two) behind on my devices, so I finally updated phone and iPad to 14. The most noticeable difference for me is that Mail is as slow as molasses now, screen redraws take seconds now, never used to be the case.
Anybody else notice this?

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Hi! What kind of device are you using? How big is the mailbox you're trying to sync (maybe you're syncing several big ones at the same time)?

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Did you check for recent system/app updates? Other tips i came across:
- disable "app background refresh" (settings -> general -> background app refresh)
- turn on "reduce motion" (settings->accessibility->reduce motion)
- force quit the mail app (double-click the home button -> swipe up the mail app)
- restart the phone
You can also switch your mail app to show only unread messages
hope it helps)

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
After updating to iOS15 I have noticed my iPhone 11 Pro Max takes a long time to check for new mail and sync with my accounts. Before updating I would delete an email on my iMac and it would almost instantaneously disappear from my iPhone. Now it can take several minutes, and a few emails have not synced after deletion even after 5 minutes. Read/Unread status also does not sync for several minutes.

<Sorry - Wrong Forum>

Last edited:

zephonic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
greater L.A. area
Did you check for recent system/app updates? Other tips i came across:
- disable "app background refresh" (settings -> general -> background app refresh)
- turn on "reduce motion" (settings->accessibility->reduce motion)
- force quit the mail app (double-click the home button -> swipe up the mail app)
- restart the phone
You can also switch your mail app to show only unread messages
hope it helps)
Thanks, but it is none of that, of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.