Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zheung Yik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
o69nw9.jpg

I can't start up my MacBook as long as the installation does not complete.

BLUEDOG314

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2015
If its a fresh install, just start over, erase the drive and install again. If not and there are things on the drive I can describe a way to use single user or terminal from recovery to extract all information first then wipe and reinstall.

Zheung Yik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
If its a fresh install, just start over, erase the drive and install again. If not and there are things on the drive I can describe a way to use single user or terminal from recovery to extract all information first then wipe and reinstall.

I had erase my drive and start over the installation for so many times but it still stuck. I made a partition and install windows 7 and it works. This means that my hardware don't have problem. I tried 2 snow leopard installer and it still not working...

BLUEDOG314

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2015
How were you managing to install Windows 7 before anything else? If the drive is truly wiped clean and properly partitioned and formatted, I would imagine the installer is the problem. Where did you get the installer or did you make it yourself?

Zheung Yik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
How were you managing to install Windows 7 before anything else? If the drive is truly wiped clean and properly partitioned and formatted, I would imagine the installer is the problem. Where did you get the installer or did you make it yourself?

First, I tried the snow leopard install DVD that comes with my Mac for a few times.

Then, I borrowed a bootable snow leopard USB from my friend and try it for a few times but doesn't work. The USB is made by my friend.

I install windows 7 to test whether my hardware are working or not. For example, hard drive, motherboard etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.