Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berklokio

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 9, 2021
Is there a way to sort out the mess of the camera roll? (All photos)
I want move photos from the camera roll to albums. Not copy but move.

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
There are several apps to help you sort out the camera roll, deleting and moving in to albums etc, but all photos you keep always remain in the camera roll, whether you reference them from another folder in the photos app or not.

You could work around that by using a separate app as a place to build your albums, and export them from the camera roll into that app, then delete the photos from the camera roll.

Reactions: Berklokio

Berklokio

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 9, 2021
There are several apps to help you sort out the camera roll, deleting and moving in to albums etc, but all photos you keep always remain in the camera roll, whether you reference them from another folder in the photos app or not.

You could work around that by using a separate app as a place to build your albums, and export them from the camera roll into that app, then delete the photos from the camera roll.
Yes. Thanks for your answer. Do you know such a separate app? That sounds interesting.

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
Yes. Thanks for your answer. Do you know such a separate app? That sounds interesting.
Hmm. No, not really! Actually it's an idea I thought of as I was replying to you. It maybe something I consider myself - I use photos myself for my personal stuff but its a massive pain to keep organised. If you hear of something let me know!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.