Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
HI all, for the last 2 days the Stocks widgets I have that display when I swipe all the way to the right on my iPad Pro display, are no longer updating. I have 6 of them, none update. I have tried:
1. Power cycle iPad
2. Close Stocks app and reopen it
3. Remove widgets and re-add them
4. Delete all these same stocks from my Apple Stocks app watch list, add them again there, and re-select them as a new widget

Nothing jump starts them. They are frozen from the closing price Tuesday evening, it appears. The same setup on my iPhone 14 works fine, and it works fine on my MacBook Pro. I am on the latest iPadOS version too. Does anyone have any ideas or are you seeing this same behavior?

Geezerviser

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2021
Check the date and time settings: Make sure the date and time settings on your iPad Pro are correct. Incorrect date and time settings can cause issues with widgets not updating. Reset network settings: Resetting your network settings can sometimes help to fix issues with internet connectivity. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Honestly, I understand your concern about the no longer working widget since I am trading myself and always look at it when I need to know the prices and what is going on in the market. Fortunately, I have recently read the forex.com review and started using the forex.com broker which really makes my life easier now and I don't really have to keep up with all the news. Maybe this will help you forget about the widget problem :D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.