Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
That's crazy yours is taking that long, I got my 16 SB M3 Max 16/40 64GB 2TB last Thursday. It was a total of 8 days from order to delivery here in FL. Mine was considered a CTO so I tracked it from China all the way to the states. Hopefully you get your MBP soon!

Do you recall how long yours stayed in the processing stage?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
That's crazy yours is taking that long, I got my 16 SB M3 Max 16/40 64GB 2TB last Thursday. It was a total of 8 days from order to delivery here in FL. Mine was considered a CTO so I tracked it from China all the way to the states. Hopefully you get your MBP soon!
Thanks. It actually changed for the first time ever today…to shipping later LMAO.

So my original window was December 7-14. Now it’s December 8-12. So technically it’s also arriving sooner? But not as soon as it could have, especially since most people here note their devices shipping weeks ahead of the time Apple quoted. But at least it has narrowed down and done SOMETHING. Still no “preparing to ship” so I doubt it will arrive Friday. At this point I’ll consider myself lucky if it arrives before I travel for Christmas. Knowing my luck, it will probably arrive when I’m out of town and unable to receive it and get sent back. Then I won’t be able to get another one until late February…

In that case I’m definitely going to consider driving to Chicago to get one from a store as I keep seeing them in stock there, but it’s a 5-6 hour drive each way. I have a family member who is buying my iMac at Christmas and I’m planning to set it up for them then.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Preparing to ship—FINALLY! Ordered a month ago tomorrow. At least it shouldn’t arrive when I’m traveling now.

What’s the usual time to door nowadays after it changes to that for MBP?

My new Keychron low profile keyboard that I ordered Cyber Monday also shipped and will be here Monday. Pretty excited about that, have always used Apple keyboards and now I’m “graduating” to mechanical. Hope I like it. Got brown switches. Also got a set of custom dark gray keycaps to match.

sionell

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2020
Preparing to ship—FINALLY! Ordered a month ago tomorrow. At least it shouldn’t arrive when I’m traveling now.

What’s the usual time to door nowadays after it changes to that for MBP?

My new Keychron low profile keyboard that I ordered Cyber Monday also shipped and will be here Monday. Pretty excited about that, have always used Apple keyboards and now I’m “graduating” to mechanical. Hope I like it. Got brown switches. Also got a set of custom dark gray keycaps to match.
my experience was once the carrier has it, it is about a week from them picking it up to you getting it. Apple sometimes leaves the status as "preparing to ship" even though the carrier has it; but it's hard to tell since they don't update it. If you are in the US and you can sign up for UPS MyChoice, you might be able to see if it's shipping via UPS since they typically show shipments coming to you pretty quickly. They might also ship it DHL. With DHL they texted me my tracking info before apple admitted it was shipped and gave me the tracking info.

Here's hoping it moves on from Preparing to ship to Shipped and you have tracking soon!

Reactions: macduke

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
my experience was once the carrier has it, it is about a week from them picking it up to you getting it. Apple sometimes leaves the status as "preparing to ship" even though the carrier has it; but it's hard to tell since they don't update it. If you are in the US and you can sign up for UPS MyChoice, you might be able to see if it's shipping via UPS since they typically show shipments coming to you pretty quickly. They might also ship it DHL. With DHL they texted me my tracking info before apple admitted it was shipped and gave me the tracking info.

Here's hoping it moves on from Preparing to ship to Shipped and you have tracking soon!
Thanks! It just did. Shipped and shows an arrival of tomorrow? I have no idea how that works but I’ll take it! Still skeptical…

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Well that is awesome lol.. How long ago was your card charged?
It got charged up front (for tax I think?), I did the 0% 12 months on my Apple Card because why not? I’d rather keep that money in my 5% savings account earning interest and also get 3% cash back for each installment. Next installment shows December 31st, nothing else has charged between ordering it a month ago and now.

Reactions: GCC

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
It got charged up front (for tax I think?), I did the 0% 12 months on my Apple Card because why not? I’d rather keep that money in my 5% savings account earning interest and also get 3% cash back for each installment. Next installment shows December 31st, nothing else has charged between ordering it a month ago and now.

Aye, makes sense to me.. just was wondering. I got charged for mines like 24 hour after I ordered, but still shows processing. Not supposed to be delivered for 2 weeks though

loopi77

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017
crap.. that’s I ordered on the 14/11 a 2TB 16 inch from an authorised reseller in the UK and pretty much same story, was originally quoted 2-3 weeks, then 25th Dec, then 14th Dec, and now 21st Dec. I started getting anxiety on previous 1TB models as I was hitting 700 GB mark so went with 2TB but kinda regretting it now…
I now cancelled the order in favor for the 1tb model they had in stock for 400 euros off, arriving tomorrow. i need the machine and can’t wait forever, so what, keep using my external drive when necessary

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
About two days, it was not long, it was as if my configuration was already built at the factory and just awaiting an order for it
Gotcha.. I ordered mines mid-day Friday. It flipped to preparing to ship over night.. I have a feeling it's going to come early.

Reactions: hovscorpion12

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
My 14" SB M3 Max 16/40 64GB 2TB arrived today and it is fantastic. I think almost everything is setup. Started from scratch like I always do on new Macs because I'm old school like that.

Timeline:
  • Ordered 11/6
  • Delivery estimated 12/7-14
  • On 12/4 delivery estimate changed to 12/8-12
  • On 12/5 morning it changed to preparing to ship
  • On 12/5 early afternoon it changed to shipped
  • On 12/6 mid-afternoon it arrived
Was a very weird timeline compared to what I'm used to. Everyone else was getting theirs much earlier. And in the past I could see my Mac shipments coming over from China and going through Alaska and all that. This time it just popped up in Louisville all of a sudden, made it to STL a few hours later in the middle of the night, and then a couple hours later in my city and popped immediately onto a truck this morning and out for delivery. Things went from 0-60 very fast!

Reactions: GCC and gigapocket1

jamdex

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2012
Manchester UK
My black 14” M3 Max 16/40 64GB 2TB SSD is still processing, no change, ordered on November 6. I don’t get how you guys are all getting your later orders before me. I would’ve thought I’d see at least “preparing to ship” by now.

If you want your computer within a month, don’t order what I did! Still showing Dec 7-14. Something I ordered is constrained, I think maybe the 2TB SSD? Seems like everyone here is getting 1TB or 4TB.

At this point I could probably reorder with 4TB and get it faster, but with more things moving to the cloud I just don’t think I’ll end up needing that much space. I would get 8TB if I could justify Apple’s crazy pricing and keep my LR catalog local, but I’m already spending more than I wanted to on a computer and already have a good, tiny external 4TB SSD for that, which only cost $350.
That's my logic with the storage; only ordered 1TB, got 2TB iCloud

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
16" MacBook Pro 14/40/64gb/4tb Ordered on Dec 1. Flipped to preparing to ship yesterday and shipped this morning. Original estimated deliver was Dec. 19 -21st.. Now saying it will be delivered on the 14th. I think I will get it before then, maybe Monday.. Shipped via DHL to Memphis

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
That's my logic with the storage; only ordered 1TB, got 2TB iCloud
Yeah and I more recently bought a Samsung T7 Shield 4TB on sale for $199, so now I have two 4TB drives for about half of what Apple charges to upgrade to 4TB. Sure, they are slower, but I don't need 7000MB/s for RAW photos. I would gladly take Apple adding an option for a "slow" but cheaper 1000MB/s secondary drive for archiving data on the Mac. Now I'm using my old Sandisk as a backup because it runs so freaking hot compared to the Samsung and I got tired of backing up to spinning storage. Also figure the Samsung will be more power efficient on the go since it doesn't burn up. They both have the same write speed and rubberized enclosure so I figure Samsung's chips are way more power efficient. Any excess heat loss is power being wasted.

Reactions: GCC

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
New 16" MacBook Pro 16/40/64gb/4tb ordered on 12/1/23 delivered this morning (12/11/23).. Originally delivery date of 12/21..

DHL Tracking attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 10.33.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 10.33.06 PM.png
    532.6 KB · Views: 95

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I have not noticed any refurbished M3s yet. I am aggressively looking at the refurbished site only with the hope of a sooner deliver date then Jan.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I just put in my new order. Selected in-store pickup. I'm curious. Has anyone who has done in store gotten their's early?

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I have a CTO order with an initial promise date from 12/21-26. When shipped, Apple's delivery date was two days before their initial best guess (12/19), and UPSs estimate was even four days earlier than Apple's delivery date! (Today)

But since then, UPS updated the delivery to TBD and the laptop is still sitting somewhere in Shanghai. I think UPS queues up goods then loads planes based on priority, and 'standard' shipping probably gets to stand by.

psxp

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
Well, I figure I might as well post on here.. lol. Just picked up my first MacBook Pro..

Looking to move to a newer machine from my M1 MBA, I was tempted by the new M3 MBPs. I figured the MBP with M3 Pro would be the best option for me in its configuration.. $CA2699 +tx .. but then saw that BestBuy had some open box deals.

I picked up an Open Box - M2 MBP for around $CA1850 +tx! The unit has only 2 charge cycles on the battery, physically the unit looks news. Still a balance of 4months Apple Warranty left on the Open Box Model (remainder of warranty is GeekSquad - but yeah, there is some Apple Warranty left)

Its the previous chipset, and theres a couple features from the M3 Pro that I won't get on the M2 Pro (and 2GB ram) but for my use I know I won't notice it. So for me it was a great deal.

The 14" MBPs are great machines. The screen is simply amazing, speakers awesome, and its nice to have some better options in regards to ports like HDMI/SD.

The M1 MBA is still very capable and I think will become my backup machine. (maybe pass to a family member at a later stage)

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Just got preparing for Shipment. I am shipping to one of my Apple Store instead of home delivery. My order still says Jan 8th. I hope the date changes

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010
Okay, I caved. I ordered the 8gb 1tb model to see if this new 8 GB base is workable. (I know about the future.) If I get any hiccups over the next week, it's going back for a 16 GB model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.