Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
I just had a chance to view the new TV AD for the new Apple iPad Pro and it's a major disgrace, can't understand what Apple was thinking allowing an ad so bad to be used.

Again we see Apple trying to be state of the art and just seeing how dumb they really are, just hope the new iPad Pro is not a flop like thier new ad.

Moderator Note:

Also see the discussion in the news thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I just had a chance to view the new TV AD for the new Apple iPad Pro and it's a major disgrace, can't understand what Apple was thinking allowing an ad so bad to be used.

Again we see Apple trying to be state of the art and just seeing how dumb they really are, just hope the new iPad Pro is not a flop like thier new ad.
I thought it was a brilliant, creative, and beautiful ad. I’m more sad that we have a bunch of soft, sensitive, out of touch people that feel ”offended” over the ad that Apple had to issue an apology to this small sub-set of offended individuals.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK

What was the major disgrace, in your opinion?

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I thought it was a brilliant, creative, and beautiful ad. I’m more sad that we have a bunch of soft, sensitive, out of touch people that feel ”offended” over the ad that Apple had to issue an apology to this small sub-set of offended individuals.
Sounds like you’re being soft and sensitive and out of touch, getting “offended” at other people’s reactions to an iPad ad.

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Is it just a rehash of the garbage compactor from the iPad Pro intro?

I mean the biggest concern would be how Apple touts how environmentally friendly it is and then it makes this ad destroying stuff. (And no not all of the items were computer generated).

Otherwise, relax people… there are far more serious issues in the world to worry about.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
What Apple is really trying to do is the same thing that they have always been trying to do, make the iPad into a small thin computer, this is the reason they try pushing the over priced keyboard with the iPads.

Sorry Apple the iPds will never replace a real laptop computer.

Apple should have made the ad crushing a bunch laptop computers, then people would have understood it.

• Haha
Reactions: G5isAlive

dbc34

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014

This post is a major disgrace. Calling people dumb, but giving no context. What didn’t you like so much that you felt a need to start a discussion thread?

dbc34

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
This right here. Why aren’t people offended by beer commercials? People actually die from drunk drivers yet people want to get worked up over CGI piano and paint smashing.

dbc34

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
What Apple is really trying to do is the same thing that they have always been trying to do, make the iPad into a small thin computer, this is the reason they try pushing the over priced keyboard with the iPads.

Apple should have made the ad crushing a bunch laptop computers, then people would have understood it.
I use my iPad Pro M1 in place of a laptop for everything, I literally never use a laptop. I also use my Mac mini M2 Pro for editing content that I’ve collected with my phone and iPad.

Ultranote

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2008
Brussels
Ah finally someone outraged by the ad. I didn't find offensive at all. If you start taking ads literally, everything gets complicated. And the ad made a point.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Not upset just unhappy that Apple has had a worthless ad credited for a new product.

Again we see Tim Cook trying to walk in the late Steve Jobs foot steps, Tim Cook is in no way anything close to the man Steve Jobs was.

What a bunch of nonsense. TC knows and has claimed about a million times that he is not SJ although SJ hand picked him as his right hand and as his successor. The ad is worthless to you like all ads are. You’re just trying to make a wave out of hot air.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016

The iPad IS a computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.