Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
it’s so jarring, completely removing context of what is underneath. It’s also very hard to get back to where you were, as well as it being a backwards step to now not having any spotlight search where ever you are (which in iOS 10 you could simply swipe down a tad and get to spotlight no matter where you are in the system). Massive downgrade in this regard, I really hope Apple just scrap it entirely.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
yep, i swiped to the camera and was like "how do i get back" then you make it back and u are still on the "lockscreen" and you wonder "huh? when did you lock your phone"

oh and didnt we used to have to swipe on a notification to delete it? now i keep ending up on the camera!

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I think it’s great, I find it very natural. If you want to get out of it just swipe it up or press the home button.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
It’s really confusing and hard to understand what’s happening. Why am I sliding my lock screen down to get to my notifications. And then you don’t see them right away, because you have to slide down again to see your recents...I think? And then you can’t slide back up to leave it, you gotta “press home to open” even though you already did that.

????

Reactions: Feyl

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
It’s really confusing and hard to understand what’s happening. Why am I sliding my lock screen down to get to my notifications. And then you don’t see them right away, because you have to slide down again to see your recents...I think? And then you can’t slide back up to leave it, you gotta “press home to open” even though you already did that.

????
For me (on the home screen) I swipe down to the lockscreen then up for notifications, I can close them by swiping up from the bottom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.