Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Fiscal year goes through March 2025 iirc. Means it may still come out in 2025 (likely I'm guessing, unless there's a holiday surprise.. I dont know why they wouldn't do holidays though, would be ideal. But Switch also came out in spring 2017
The launch of Switch 2 will be more significant of Christmas 2025. Nintendo can launch the console any day of the current fiscal year and it will sell out.

I look forward to getting my hands on one. If Zelda Tears of the Kingdom with object persistence, vast lands that traverses underground, land and sky + insane physical, can run on the switch, I expect epic performance jumps for the successor if it uses ai upscaling.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
That’s a good point but

1715108363962.gif

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
The launch of Switch 2 will be more significant of Christmas 2025. Nintendo can launch the console any day of the current fiscal year and it will sell out.

I look forward to getting my hands on one. If Zelda Tears of the Kingdom with object persistence, vast lands that traverses underground, land and sky + insane physical, can run on the switch, I expect epic performance jumps for the successor if it uses ai upscaling.

No they won’t do that, why announce a new console over a year and a half from launch? I’m sure we will find it as the year goes on. This IS Nintendo and they don’t do things like you expect them to lol.

Reactions: Burningtime

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I would love to, but think not before remaster or whatever the term called to issue a new version?
We'll find out whether the new console will be able to play existing games at higher frame rates, or whether we'll have to wait for remasters or new games for a full fat Switch 2 experience.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Nintendo will want to make sure that the Switch 2 will get everyone's attention and therefore in my opinion that means it will not be showcased where it could clash with other events taking place such as a major sporting event or major music event or release of another companies tech hardware or during the major school holidays where people are planning and paying to go away for the holiday.

Nintendo will look at who and where is their biggest market and release the Switch 2 around all of the above events. BUT this is why Christmas time is always seen as a good time to release a new product because the majority of people in the world will all be doing two things, looking to buy presents and having time off over the Christmas period. This is when a newly released product will get the maximum attention from people around the world because they huge majority of the worlds people will be doing the same thing.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
We'll find out whether the new console will be able to play existing games at higher frame rates, or whether we'll have to wait for remasters or new games for a full fat Switch 2 experience.
I fully expect back compatibility, as that seems to be one of the highest requirements for people for picking up a Switch 2. Personally I likely won't be getting one, if it doesn't have it back compatibility. If it does, I will most likely get one.

But if it does happen, other than higher FPS, I don't expect any improved features (Higher resolution, better textures, new online features, etc.) at all for games from Nintendo. They like to milk customers, so I expect improved remasters 5 years down the line, of Switch games, at a usually high Nintendo price.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
I saw this on X, looks like Nintendo are thinking of getting owners to pay for backwards compatibility of games.
Like the article stated "ungodly mess". I like nintendo for simplicity: pay 50-70 for cartridge and buy hardware (200-350) and be happy. No bs and no addons.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I saw this on X, looks like Nintendo are thinking of getting owners to pay for backwards compatibility of games.

Remastering old games can be resource-intensive. You might have to:
-Re-render som assets.
-Pay copyright owners for additional licences.
-Modify the code for a new platform.
-Maintain and update the code post-launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.