Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nataku

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
The Demilitarized Zone
This is absolutely stunning. I was completely blown away by its interface. It looks so elegant.

Clickie

Does anybody know a free email service that uses RoundCube? I found Aventuremail but I have to shell out $5.00 and I'm not really comfortable with the idea of giving out my credit card number.

How about you? How do you find RoundCube? :D

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
I'm a bit confused. Would this enable me to access my email inbox in a browser that is being served by OS X Server, so i could access it like gmail instead of just Thunderbird or Mail?:confused:

Edit: Let me rephrase that, because it doesn't make much sense. I have OS X Server set up as a web and mail server. I can access my email with Mail and Thunderbird. Could I install RoundCube and access my email with a web browser like you can with GMail or Yahoo?

Looks good, btw.

nataku

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
The Demilitarized Zone
me hate windows said:
I'm a bit confused. Would this enable me to access my email inbox in a browser that is being served by OS X Server, so i could access it like gmail instead of just Thunderbird or Mail?:confused:

Edit: Let me rephrase that, because it doesn't make much sense. I have OS X Server set up as a web and mail server. I can access my email with Mail and Thunderbird. Could I install RoundCube and access my email with a web browser like you can with GMail or Yahoo?

Looks good, btw.

From what I understand, yes. If you have your own email (as in you have your own domain name), then this will act like your webmail interface.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
me hate windows said:

Looks good, btw.

Yup, that's what it's for. A more popular use would be web hosts using it as a web mail option for their clients.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Loosely related, has anyone else just been upgraded to the beta of Yahoo's new mail interface? I have to say, although it's a little slow, it seems really nice. And actually very similar to Roundcube (which is why I mentioned it). It works in FF -- I'm not sure if it works in Safari, because I haven't tried it yet. :eek:

Now if they would go back to offering free POP in the US... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.