Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
It just hit me and I am punting on it! And believe me or not, it was not the splashes of colour in the apple invite, this was an afterthought verifying my thinking.

It was all those black, aluminum and metal mock ups.

And then it downed on me. iMacs circa early 2000. Apple aiming for wide adoption. A nano just released with many colours where Steve said "we finally got it right" in terms of colouring aluminum.

You put all these together and you have a brand new colourful tablet!!!

Of course I could be wrong. But I think I am probably the first to say it, and I am willing to take a punt. You heard it hear first.
;):apple:

KidStallyn

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
The best thing i've read about the colors from the invite is that they represent the colors of the wireless carriers logos that the Tablet and new iPhone will support.

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
The best thing i've read about the colors from the invite is that they represent the colors of the wireless carriers logos that the Tablet and new iPhone will support.

Don't take offence but I think what the pundits are saying is, as per usual, a bunch of crap. Apple will not issue posters and invites on carrier numbers, this is not their selling point, it would be pathetic, and apple isn't pathetic.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I Think colour options are more pathetic than it being available on many carriers :rolleyes:

I Doubt something this big will have a colour....

lee.anderson

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2006
UK
I doubt this device will be available in different colours. Considering its rumoured to be pretty expensive, I doubt apple will cheapen the aesthetics with pretty pink and sea-sick green.

Again, this is just speculation on top of speculation.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I Think colour options are more pathetic than it being available on many carriers :rolleyes:

I think the way you write "I Think" and "I Doubt" is just as silly as having color options on the tablet that doesn't yet exist in the general public eye. :p

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I think the way you write "I Think" and "I Doubt" is just as silly as having color options on the tablet that doesn't yet exist in the general public eye.

I could add more to that, but I'll pass...this time. :)

I'm amazed about all the new threads stating for a fact what the "Tablet" has or doesn't have. How about adding some question marks OP's?

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
I hope the color splashes are an indication to some sort of official ModBook. - touch screen OSX.

If this thing has a pressure stylus, and some tablet version of Photoshop/Painter etc. then we're talking digital paper - I'm sold.

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009

You obviously didn't understand what I said, i don't see why you snapped though. I said using carrier options as a selling point on the poster and invites for such a major apple happening where they will be debuting a new creation is nonsensical. Oh hey and now all carriers can have our devices so our poster for our tablets has tons of colours. I didn't say having an open carrier system is pathetic.

And no colour options are not pathetic, they add individuality to the products, they are fun, beautiful and playful, and have been successfully so in ipods, imacs, and ibooks all these years.

@Lee I didn't say all colours, but a gamut, anyway I have the balls to take a punt on something no one else has said, I could be wrong, I have very little to go by. I don't think the aesthetics cheapen with colours, they are more sombre colours available to choose if you don't like the "flippant" ones, they didn't cheapen the lappies, the imacs, or the ipods. I think they will add a feel good factor, a homely, personal factor to the now colourless and soul less (and just plain fugly) ebook readers. They will make them must have items, accessories. Why wouldn't someone buy a pink or a yellow aluminum ebook reader/surfer/browser/gaming device for their young daughters say (or their sissy cousins, lol)? Sony has a few editions of their ereader in a lovely deep blue and deep red aluminum. They look stunning.

@jnc Oh sure that is the best bet, I think the table will make a perfect modbook replacement (no full os x though), and you will be amazed in that it will probably be (another bet of mine) an ideal replacement for an input device for the creative professionals, fully multitouch, enabling you to control a creative/desing app.

lee.anderson

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2006
UK
@Lee I didn't say all colours, but a gamut, anyway I have the balls to take a punt on something no one else has said, I could be wrong, I have very little to go by. I don't think the aesthetics cheapen with colours, they are more sombre colours available to choose if you don't like the "flippant" ones, they didn't cheapen the lappies, the imacs, or the ipods. I think they will add a feel good factor, a homely, personal factor to the now colourless and soul less (and just plain fugly) ebook readers. They will make them must have items, accessories. Why wouldn't someone buy a pink or a yellow aluminum ebook reader/surfer/browser/gaming device for their young daughters say (or their sissy cousins, lol)? Sony has a few editions of their ereader in a lovely deep blue and deep red aluminum. They look stunning.

Colours could possibly be a future addition, but isn't Apple's style to first introduce a new product to the market solidly before adding colours etc. to the lineup? Like they did with the iPod? I just think their first goal is to make this a popular and proven product before adding customisations.

I do think that colours will be introduced in the future, once the device is mainstream.

Anyway, in less than 24 hours we will know what this iDevice is. Then all the speculation will be over. I admit I'm strangely going to miss all the rumours after the 27th; its going to be boring around here :D

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
for sure. this has been the biggest climax of all. We know virtually nothing about this device after so long, just some informed speculation.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

I honestly think the carrier colour theory is far more clever than simply the colour the device will come in. Imagine if on stage the colours warped into all the carriers logos, be a nice little eye candy piece.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I honestly think the carrier colour theory is far more clever than simply the colour the device will come in. Imagine if on stage the colours warped into all the carriers logos, be a nice little eye candy piece.

This was the point i was trying to make, the carrier idea seems deeper than just colours.

And think, a 10inch device with bright colours? No thanks, give me a black or silver one thank you very much :p

Didnt know Grammar nazi's were still around haha

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009

No it isn't, I am afraid. The point of this presentation is the tablet, not the carriers, apple don't issue billboards and printed invites to showcase how their devices carry multiple carriers, all the more so on what is arguably and equally big day as the launch of the mac, the imac, the ipod and the iphone.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
No it isn't, I am afraid. The point of this presentation is the tablet, not the carriers, apple don't issue billboards and printed invites to showcase how their devices carry multiple carriers, all the more so on what is arguably and equally big day as the launch of the mac, the imac, the ipod and the iphone.

It's only a theory, no need to get all pretentious on it just because you think you're right :rolleyes:

More than likely the tablet will not come in any colour apart from aluminium and black with the multiple colours being a representation of the multiple products Apple will be releasing/displaying...

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
It's only a theory, no need to get all pretentious on it just because you think you're right :rolleyes:

More than likely the tablet will not come in any colour apart from aluminium and black with the multiple colours being a representation of the multiple products Apple will be releasing/displaying...

Why am I being pretentious, I too said my theory could be well off, but at least it's well grounded and pretty original, I didn't hear any pundit mentioning this? While the carrier theory that has circulated is very misguided to say the least. And i didn't bring it up in the first place.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Why am I being pretentious, I too said my theory could be well off, but at least it's well grounded and pretty original, I didn't hear any pundit mentioning this? While the carrier theory that has circulated is very misguided to say the least. And i didn't bring it up in the first place.

In your assumption that yours IS correct makes you pretentious, opinion doesn't equal fact, who knows what it's going to be, berating people on a forum saying that you're right and they're wrong is annoying.

We are almost certainly both wrong.

It could also be a representation of the artistic side of the tablet? Could feature a brand new art application made specifically for it.

Or again, lot's of colours, lot's of products, is my bet.

star-fish

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2009
But I think I am probably the first to say it, and I am willing to take a punt. You heard it hear first.
;):apple:

No, you aren't the first to say it. It's been said hundreds of times.

And you mean 'here', and I didn't hear it. I saw it. And I'd seen it before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.