Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
My Tracking number just appeared in my UPS My Choice this morning. Says it's scheduled for Fri April 30 and it's coming from Kunshan, CN. Everyone check their UPS My Choice, look like the first batch is now going out...

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Since its just Airtags, I will wait to get the shipping notification from Apple once it arrives in the U.S. of A. Tracking AirTags (for me) just isn't the same as a iPhone or Mac.

My subscription to UPS My Choice lapsed 2 days ago. Unless I can find a good coupon for it, I will leave as is.

Reactions: Retrostarscream

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
Apple site slipped into mid May when I tried to order. BEst Buy had them for ship by April 29th. I don’t anticipate any tracking until then.

Besides I order most of my Apple stuff from BB as they usually have add ons and their reward system is better than the Apple Card. I also have a 45 day window to return, which I rarely use, but nice knowing I have that flexibility.

vegastime

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Virginia
Apple site slipped into mid May when I tried to order. BEst Buy had them for ship by April 29th. I don’t anticipate any tracking until then.

Besides I order most of my Apple stuff from BB as they usually have add ons and their reward system is better than the Apple Card. I also have a 45 day window to return, which I rarely use, but nice knowing I have that flexibility.
I used to get Apple stuff from Best Buy for the rewards points and the 45 day return. They no longer give points for Apple products, unless you are using the Best Buy credit card. Even Elite members don’t get points.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
I used to get Apple stuff from Best Buy for the rewards points and the 45 day return. They no longer give points for Apple products, unless you are using the Best Buy credit card. Even Elite members don’t get points.
I do use their Card and just pay it off at the end of the month. My airtags cost a total of 75 bucks for a 4 pack because of my rewards. BB also discounts apple products, something Apple seldom (never??) does.

I use my Apple Card for apple services pretty much, and that’s it.

Reactions: cashville2400

Belle Pomme

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2020
UPS has my AirTags arriving by second day air from Best Buy tomorrow (Wednesday). I hope they do indeed arrive early!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
My May 10-12 shipping time order was charged the other day but nothing. My apple leather keychain was charged too, but no shipping information ?‍♂️

Reactions: TinyChip

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
UPS has my AirTags arriving by second day air from Best Buy tomorrow (Wednesday). I hope they do indeed arrive early!
Likely won't happen. Apple likely has a hold on them in Louisville, KY to make sure they are delivered on Friday. I've had iPhones before that were pre-ordered that showed an earlier delivery and then it changed to Friday during the day Wednesday. I mean there is always a chance since it is not a big launch like iPhone's are but Apple tries to keep things on a certain day.

colbyadd

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016
Moore, OK
My Best Buy order is saying the same.
Likely won't happen. Apple likely has a hold on them in Louisville, KY to make sure they are delivered on Friday. I've had iPhones before that were pre-ordered that showed an earlier delivery and then it changed to Friday during the day Wednesday. I mean there is always a chance since it is not a big launch like iPhone's are but Apple tries to keep things on a certain day.
I'm not optimistic, but it does show it is in transit. It left Virginia on Monday and went through West Virginia this morning. I'll update if they come in. In my experience, when there is a hold on them for release date delivery, I do not see the transit information like I'm seeing here.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
I know it would be a disaster and people would be chasing down their UPS drivers, but it would‘ve been fun if Apple was able to link these to our iCloud account before they ship so you could actually “Find My Airtag” all the way to your house.

Anyway, I ordered an engraved one at 5:04 so mine isn’t scheduled until May 10

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Does the apple store still show preparing to ship?
Yes, Apple Store still says Preparing To Ship. Tracking Info showed up Sunday on UPS My Choice. Apple website will likely changed to Shipped Tomorrow (Wednesday). That is when Apple officially gives out the tracking numbers even though UPS My Choice gives you the same one earlier.

Reactions: Shark5150

WB2Colorado

macrumors demi-god
Aug 1, 2008
Durango, Colorado
I know it would be a disaster and people would be chasing down their UPS drivers, but it would‘ve been fun if Apple was able to link these to our iCloud account before they ship so you could actually “Find My Airtag” all the way to your house.

Anyway, I ordered an engraved one at 5:04 so mine isn’t scheduled until May 10
There’s a pull tab in the AirTag to prevent the battery from being active until you unbox it so even if Apple did link it to your iCloud account when it ships it wouldn’t have any power

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
Still no tracking number for me. My order for a non-engraved 4 pack still shows as “Preparing to Ship” and my credit card charge is still pending. Apple is still saying delivery this Friday. I ordered 3 minutes after go-live.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.