Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warbler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2023
Migrating from iPhone 8 to iphone 11 was only a partial success. I had never joined iCloud, but was induced to as a solution to sync my phones to transfer data. I was able to restore lost bookmarks, which synced through Safari on my desktop, but texts did not transfer, nor Contacts, or Music, and more. I have all of the categories enabled on the two iphones. I back the phones up to iCloud, but the data doesn't transfer from iphone 8. I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas for solving this problem?

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Migrating from iPhone 8 to iphone 11 was only a partial success. I had never joined iCloud, but was induced to as a solution to sync my phones to transfer data. I was able to restore lost bookmarks, which synced through Safari on my desktop, but texts did not transfer, nor Contacts, or Music, and more. I have all of the categories enabled on the two iphones. I back the phones up to iCloud, but the data doesn't transfer from iphone 8. I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas for solving this problem?
Did you do the whole "setting up a new phone" and where you take a photo of the old phone, both on the same network and transfer data between them?

Reactions: warbler
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.