Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davenunes

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2023
I’m on day four now of no issues and have been switching accounts regularly. I’d have to say I’m confident this issue is now fixed.

As you don’t have TestFlight I’d have to assume that didn’t have anything to do with it after all and Apple must have resolved this problem in an update without mentioning it in the releases notes and the fix didn’t kick in until a factory reset was done. It takes a bit of time but I’d recommend resetting yours and seeing how it goes as I haven’t had the problem since the factory reset.
Good news, I did factory reset to the Apple TV and have done the setup from scratch manually and it is working fine! Thanks for sharing the solution!

melapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
No need to reset your Apple TV, guys. I found that this happens with two-factor authentication accounts. With those accounts it’s usually required to set it up using iPhone or by first logging in to that account from a web browser. Also, from time to time these steps may be required even if that account was already successfully added to the Apple TV

melapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
I have 4 accounts on my AppleTV and all 4 have 2FA enabled. I've never run into this issue on AppleTVs that I set up manually using the remote to sign in.
I’m talking accounts for stores from different countries

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
I’m talking accounts for stores from different countries
I have different accounts from different countries with 2FA and have no issues switching between those profiles on the AppleTV.
When I switch to use the other stores on my iPhone however I need to enter a 2FA code for verification before I’m able to have access.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.