Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys I'm unable to add Safari tabs as Bookmarked tabs.

I have 5 labelled tab sections and previously I'd open a tab in Safari, click add Bookmark and select the tab folder and that tab will be in there and I'd close the tab in the main safari window.

But now the tabs just will not save.

Any help much appreciated guys 🙂

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Sorry guys but I've still not been able to find a fix for this. Is anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone know a fix please?

Thank you

Rafael Santos

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2019
Let me hijack this thread with more information. I've been messing with this for one day and guess it works now.

I was having a frustrating time setting up profiles in Safari on MacOS -- every time I reopened the windows showed the old tabs, some I've closed several times.

First thing I did was delete the profiles I was using -- it seemed less work than keep trying and getting frustrated.

I've created two folders under Bookmark/Favorites: Rafael (personal) and PGCAP (work). In each I've added the bookmarks for the tabs I want in each:

favorites.png

Then I created the profiles setting the corresponding favorites:

profile1.png

Just that did not work: when reopening Safari with a new "Rafael" window it showed the starting page with the links for the favorites:

page.png

I had to change the profile to ensure that new windows for that profile open with "Tabs for Rafael".

profile1 ok.png

I did the same for the other profile and everything seems to be working now.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Let me hijack this thread with more information. I've been messing with this for one day and guess it works now.

I was having a frustrating time setting up profiles in Safari on MacOS -- every time I reopened the windows showed the old tabs, some I've closed several times.

First thing I did was delete the profiles I was using -- it seemed less work than keep trying and getting frustrated.

I've created two folders under Bookmark/Favorites: Rafael (personal) and PGCAP (work). In each I've added the bookmarks for the tabs I want in each:

View attachment 2372310

Then I created the profiles setting the corresponding favorites:

View attachment 2372311

Just that did not work: when reopening Safari with a new "Rafael" window it showed the starting page with the links for the favorites:

View attachment 2372312

I had to change the profile to ensure that new windows for that profile open with "Tabs for Rafael".

View attachment 2372313
I did the same for the other profile and everything seems to be working now.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the tip Rafael but this still doesn't work for me. TBH I've totally given up on trying to make this work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.