Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Dear friends - I need some urgent help.

My father in law purchase a new iphone and when trying to setup, he was prompted with the 2FA password on his existing device.
He managed to do that but, he also used that same 6 digit to setup as the device password and now he doesn't remember that number

Unfortunately, apple doesn't send this as a SMS, and once it goes away from screen, its gone.

my question is, does icloud keep a log or history of these 2FA pins that i can login to icloud account and see ?

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
thank you, let me go thru this page.
Some info here

Near the bottom is info to reset.
So, this page + some googling around let me the link below :

and framing my question in a better way

Is it possible to get the already generated "Verification Codes", may be as a log in icloud account ?

When I go to settings, -> icloud account -> password & security and choosing option "Get Verification Code", its generating a new one, i need the one that was already generated.

thx again.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
No, you can't get that same code sent to you again and there is no way to find out what it was.
Okay, thank you..i guess then i need to ask him to go to retailer where he purchased it and get a DFU done.
that i believe should work..

cheers !!

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
You shouldn't need to take it somewhere to get a DFU done (unless you don't have a computer). The phone can be restored yourself.

I will rather have him go to the store and get it done instead of trying new tricks.. :eek:)))

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Marking this as resolved; He got it unlocked from the retail store and thankfully now he put the passcode that he can remember. thanks to all for helping out. Cheers !!

Reactions: MarkC426
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.