Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the1payday

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Amarillo, TX
It never fails, when I have a package that I don't really 'need' the driver shows up at like 8am. But when I'm waiting for something fun, like apple products, he doesn't show up until like 4 in the afternoon.
Jeez no joke. The UPS driver will be banging on my door at 7:30am to deliver some useless **** from Amazon, but god forbid it’s something I actually want: the driver will roll up at 9:00pm for that stuff.

crobcary

macrumors member
May 13, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Depending on your Apple Store, they may be wrapping up cycle counts at around 8:30am and beginning online order readiness between 830-930am. Am former retail worker and that's usually how we operated at launch.

Good to know, thank you! I got a notification this AM that the Magic Keyboard is ready, but not yet my iPad nor the Pencil Pro—does personalization delay the pickup time for a given day?

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
Mine arrived. The black finish under certain lights on the back has some minor markings. Not scratches or scuffs but some type of adhesive residue squares from the manufacturing process I believe. I usually use a skin so it’s not an issue. Next upgrade I’m going back to silver lol.

nikikaly21

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2019
Good to know, thank you! I got a notification this AM that the Magic Keyboard is ready, but not yet my iPad nor the Pencil Pro—does personalization delay the pickup time for a given day?
Generally, if it's past your pick up time and you still haven't gotten a notification of Ready for Pickup, it means backstage is probably super swamped and can't get it processed. Usually the 11 - 1pm shift would clock in and help get the online orders. I never experienced someone not being able to pick up the day it said in the Apple email (dont think it lets you place an order without it tagging a physical product in a store's backstage), but multi-hour delays to get the "ready for pickup" email were also extremely common.

lermal

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2007
Florida
Ordered 13” iPad Pro, 1 TB, Space Black, Standard Glass, WiFi + Cellular; Magic Keyboard; and AppleCare+ for pickup at my local Apple Store next Wednesday.
Got to my local Apple store today for pickup and got to see / play with the new iPads and switched my choice to the 11". I've had a 12.9" M1 since 2021, and the 11" size looked / felt better to me and with what I read about MoreSpace, I look forward to the smaller form factor. Specs:

11" iPad Pro, 1 TB, Silver, Standard Glass, Wifi + Cellular; Magic Keyboard (Black); Pencil Pro; AppleCare+

Reactions: xxray

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
Got to my local Apple store today for pickup and got to see / play with the new iPads and switched my choice to the 11". I've had a 12.9" M1 since 2021, and the 11" size looked / felt better to me and with what I read about MoreSpace, I look forward to the smaller form factor. Specs:

11" iPad Pro, 1 TB, Silver, Standard Glass, Wifi + Cellular; Magic Keyboard (Black); Pencil Pro; AppleCare+
Did you turn on more space yet? I did. I like it a lot

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
UPS is literally down the block with 1 of 3 packages

Update at 2:52
Delivery 1 with probably the -pencil still down the street from
Delivery truck with 2 and 3 packages out 3 now shows in the neighborhood a few blocks away

Update 3:14
It appears that the shipments have merged, or not trucks are having their afternoon break together at the same location.

Final update 6:15 pm
Finally after being less than 1 mile away for almost 4 hours, all 3 boxes delivered on one truck by UPS.

Last edited:

Tiber3m

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
For those of you who got both the 11” and 13”, I’d really like to hear your thoughts about which one you’re keeping & what the deciding factors are. Thanks.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
Best Buy is, of course, not delivering mine on release day. I can only assume it is because I ordered the 13" Pro with 1TB and they are more limited than the 256GB/512GB. Unfortunately, I needed to order from Best Buy this time since I had nearly $900 in rewards certificates.

No biggie, but I am hoping to have it by the weekend.

Kronen

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Oxford, MS
Happy.

iPad Pro M4 13" 1TB + Magic Keyboard + Smart Folio + Apple Pencil Pro

ipadpro.jpeg

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I picked up my order earlier today. Heads up there are different box designs for the Apple Pencil Pro. I got the one in the picture, but I saw someone receive one with an orange curl design and another got a blue/purple swirl.

Will unbox a little later. Going to do a new setup so I can get rid of a lot of old apps I no longer use. I always say I will delete them when an update comes, but never do!

IMG_3600.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.