Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macstatic

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
I'm looking for a "wallet" type case for my iPod Touch 4G, something (roughly) similar to this but much better looking:
walletcase.png

It should have the following features:

• High quality (preferrably genuine black leather), long lasting and professional looking
  • Won't hide parts of the iPod screen, dock or headphone connector or cameras because of the way it's attached to the case
  • (preferrably, but not essential) have room for a credit card, some paper, a pen etc. (it doesn't have to function as a complete wallet though as that would probably make it very thick)
  • Have a strap, protecting the display when carried in a bag etc. (a magnetic lock would work well, but then I couldn't carry any credit cards along with it of course. In that case a "snap" button would be better as long as it doesn't take a very hard press to close it).

Google shows me lots of crappy, cheap looking cases like that, but none that fit the bill.

The search for a wallet that grabs an iPod continues!

Good luck! If you find one that allows a finger or stylus to access the remotest edges of the screen, let me know! I'm tapped out from ordering wallet cases that "say" they clear the screen. The only case I've had that actually does this is a flip case that has a plastic piece that grabs the iPod case edges. Really, no joking, good luck!

Oh, beware of cases that say they are leather. Read every scrap of information and you may see, as I did, that later they admit it is "imitation leather!" Does that mean it comes from an imitation animal too? Sneaky crooks!!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.