Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
Hi all. Happy Holidays. I'm not sure where to post this. So I am trying here. I can gift a movie to someone via iTunes for Windows. I tried it this morning and the option is still there. From what I understand, iTunes will send an email to the recipient and when they open the email and enter their Apple credentials and follow all the steps, the movie will be downloaded to their iPad or iPhone.

So, my question is this. If the recipient manages to download the movie to their iPad or iPhone, will the movie show up on the Apple TV as a purchased or otherwise available Movie that can be accessed and played on their Apple TV? Hope that made sense.

If this is not the best place to post this question, please let me know where I should post it.

Thanks for any thoughts.

PulpJEDI

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2004
From what I can tell, gifting has been removed with the removal of iTunes Store. It’s no longer possible with the TV App alone, and newly gifted movies post 17.2 don’t display in my library — even through they are playable via search.

Reactions: Gator5000e
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.