Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snow4maen

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
Currently listening to Rausch...GAS...

GAS-_Rausch_1024x1024.jpg

Snow4maen

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
Radiohead.....Kid A....I listened to both The Bends, and OK Computer a lot when they came out, and loved them, but I've worn them out and have lost enthusiasm for them, I still like them, but I have heard them too much. Back in the day, I stopped listening to Radiohead after OK Computer, not sure why? So the latter albums, like In Rainbows and Kid A are relatively fresh to me. The change in their music from the conventional guitar based band to latter material is refreshing. Still using traditional instruments, but also some more experimental sounds and processing. I actually like the latter material more. Although, OK Computer was really pretty amazing!

Kid-A-Radiohead-1024x1024.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Radiohead.....Kid A....I listened to both The Bends, and OK Computer a lot when they came out, and loved them, but I've worn them out and have lost enthusiasm for them, I still like them, but I have heard them too much. Back in the day, I stopped listening to Radiohead after OK Computer, not sure why? So the latter albums, like In Rainbows and Kid A are relatively fresh to me. The change in their music from the conventional guitar based band to latter material is refreshing. Still using traditional instruments, but also some more experimental sounds and processing. I actually like the latter material more. Although, OK Computer was really pretty amazing!

View attachment 2377110
Radiohead are another favourite of mine. Will put some on my trip to work tomorrow.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
"The Cloud - Film Version" from Star Trek: The Motion Picture by Jerry Goldsmith.

Great music going along with the menacing cloud from V'Ger.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
@rm5, I have recommended Antonio Soler's fantastic Fandango to you, as well as Laetatus Sum by Claudio Monteverdi, both of which I love.

Another extremely interesting Baroque piece (which I am currently listening to) with a brilliant bass line is The Bells of Saint Genevieve (Sonnerie de Sainte-Genieviève du Mont de Paris) by Marin Marais.

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Laetatus Sum - by Claudio Monetverdi.

@rm5, you might like this particular (and, to my ear, spell-binding) Baroque piece - the bass line is amazing.

@rm5, I have recommended Antonio Soler's fantastic Fandango to you, as well as Laetatus Sum by Claudio Monteverdi, both of which I love.

Another extremely interesting Baroque piece (which I am currently listening to) with a brilliant bass line is The Bells of Saint Genevieve (Sonnerie de Sainte-Genieviève du Mont de Paris) by Marin Marais.
I'll have to listen to both of these pieces when I have a free minute!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.