Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggm1960

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
I don't actually expect anyone to be able to help, this is more of a rant but I imagine others have the same problem. It's not really tied to any particular version (it's been an issue for as long as I can remember) but currently I'm using 12.7.2

One day I'll be able to connect to my Win10 computer with it's external drives and then the next day, no matter what I do, the connection will fail. The Network icon is always slow to show up in Finder - Locations either way but sometimes when it does I can hook right in and other times it will sit and spin until the connection fails. Why can't OS networking be more consistent??? Commiserate with me.

ggm1960

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
After a little testing I discovered I was able to connect to an older MBP running 10.13 with no problem. It appears the real problem may be the PC. I'll need to do some more testing with another MBP tomorrow.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
After a little testing I discovered I was able to connect to an older MBP running 10.13 with no problem. It appears the real problem may be the PC. I'll need to do some more testing with another MBP tomorrow.
our internet company had fits since 2007 trying to network an iMac on the servers.
last time i was in the office in 2019, they still had iMac server issues.

Macs dont play well with Windows at all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.