Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which product rumored to be announced by Apple at the "Let Loose" event are you most excited about?

• iPad Air (10.9-inch, 6th Generation)

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • iPad Air (12.9-inch, 1st Generation)

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • iPad Pro (11-inch, 5th Generation)

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • iPad Pro (12.9-inch, 7th Generation)/(13-inch, 1st Generation)

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Apple Pencil (3rd Generation)/(V4)

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • New Magic Keyboards and/or Smart Keyboard Folios

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Other iPads rumored to show up later [e.g. iPad mini (7th Generation), iPad (11th Generation), etc.]

Votes: 22 15.6%

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I am actually interested in the keyboards, since I doubt I will upgrade my existing 12.9 M2. Like, will the new keyboards work with older iPads?

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
Because I wanted to vote for none option.

The title says:

What rumored product for Apple's May 7th "Let Loose" event are you most excited about?​

And my answer is none of them made me excited.
What’s the problem?

You must be extremely bored.

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
Excited to see the next Mini. After mothballing my gen 2 iPP 12.9 and switching to an iPad Mini 6 and Surface Pro as my daily drivers I don't find myself wanting to go back to a larger iPad but I could see myself upgrading my Mini if they improve RAM and the display. I'll have to wait and see though since I don't think the Mini refresh is part of this event.

Edit: Aside from a potential upgrade of my Mini 6 to a newer Mini when its released the only other thing I'm excited about is the newer Surface Pro with ARM CPU. I'm not expecting miracles but one thing that I long for with my current Surface Pro 9 is better battery life so if I can get that without sacrificing current performance on it I'd be satisfied.

Last edited:
Reactions: JediKnife

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Planning on upgrading my M1 iPad Pro 11 and 2nd gen Apple Pencil to a new (hopefully M4) 12.9 iPP and 3rd gen Apple Pencil. Regardless of what new MKB they come out with, I will continue with a new Logitech Combo Touch like I've had on my iPP 11 for the last two plus years.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Planning on upgrading my M1 iPad Pro 11 and 2nd gen Apple Pencil to a new (hopefully M4) 12.9 iPP and 3rd gen Apple Pencil. Regardless of what new MKB they come out with, I will continue with a new Logitech Combo Touch like I've had on my iPP 11 for the last two plus years.
I’m curious… what made you decide on going from 11 inch to 12.9 inch model?

I have feeling more people will choose the 11 inch this time around (nearly even split thus far according to polls) given there is no display differences between the two... obviously, there is no ignoring the fact that 12.9 inch is a bigger screen. Perhaps, that’s your reasoning behind it.

Reactions: bondr006

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
I’m curious… what made you decide on going from 11 inch to 12.9 inch model?

I have feeling more people will choose the 11 inch this time around (nearly even split thus far according to polls) given there is no display differences between the two... obviously, there is no ignoring the fact that 12.9 inch is a bigger screen. Perhaps, that’s your reasoning behind it.
Yeah, I've had the 11" for over two years now, and it has been the most flexible Apple device I've owned. I love my iPP. As I have mentioned in other posts, the M1 iPad Pro 11 replaced my MBP for my real estate work in Nov. 2021, so it is truly my laptop replacement and I would like the extra screen real estate. The bag I carry my 11" in is plenty big enough for the 13", so all I need is the new pencil and LCT. My wife will get my M1 11" iPP, along with the LCT and 2nd gen pencil. She's going to be so happy. She's still using her og iPad Air.

Last edited:
Reactions: outlawarth

Postal

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2002
Ottawa, ON, Canada
The 10.9-inch iPad Air. I'm eager for a bedside iPad and don't need the larger size or a Pro. Yes, technically a base iPad would work as well, but I'd notice the performance and screen differences.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I’m torn - definitely interested in a landscape camera, but not sure if I’ll go Air or pro, or even if I’ll make a change at all right now. I do miss Face ID, and have a feeling it would work much better with landscape camera on the iPad, so the pro is tempting, but really only for that reason. It’ll depend on the pricing for sure.

I’m definitely planning to stay with the 11” size.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I am excited about iPad Air 10.9 and iPad Pro 11. I vote iPad Air 10.9 only because it is most likely I be buying that because I am assuming iPad Pro 11 will be too expensive. I am upgrading from 1st generation iPad Pro 9.7. I want see all info about both and price then make final decision which to buy.

Reactions: bondr006

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm somewhat surprised at the 12.9-inch/13-inch iPad Pro winning in the poll so far.

Why is the mini not at first place in that list?

MINI all the way. BTW, why is the Mini relegated to 'other' ?? Does it not deserve it's own standing ?

Because the mini is not rumored to show up at this event! :p

I was careful in wording both the poll and the post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.