Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
I know this feature was original trialed for ios13 but didn’t make the cut.

Apprently ios14 includes this but i cant see a reference to it on my iPad Pro 2018 or iPhone X. It doesn’t seem to have been mentioned with the release notes. Does it exist?

en0x

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
I know this feature was original trialed for ios13 but didn’t make the cut.

Apprently ios14 includes this but i cant see a reference to it on my iPad Pro 2018 or iPhone X. It doesn’t seem to have been mentioned with the release notes. Does it exist?

It does not show up for my iPhone X but it's there on my sisters iPhone XR

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
I did forget about that feature. Anyway, to answer your question, address your confusion @Seanm87...

Attention Correction utilizes the ARKit 3 framework and its enhanced tracking capability. ARKit 3 and later require an A12 Bionic. So, the iPhone X (A11 Bionic) is a no go.
Apple said:
Expanded Face Tracking Support
Support for Face Tracking extends to the front-facing camera on any device with the A12 Bionic chip and later, including iPhone SE, so even more users can delight in AR experiences using the front-facing camera. Track up to three faces at once using the TrueDepth camera to power front-facing camera experiences like Memoji and Snapchat.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
I did forget about that feature. Anyway, to answer your question, address your confusion @Seanm87...

Attention Correction utilizes the ARKit 3 framework and its enhanced tracking capability. ARKit 3 and later require an A12 Bionic. So, the iPhone X (A11 Bionic) is a no go.

Ah ok that explains the iPhone then.

What about the iPad Pro though? My 2018 model has an A12X chip so should be able to do it. Another poster mentioned there’s doesnt have it either. Feels like it needs it more on the iPad.

Does anyone have the 2020 pro model to check?

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Shows up on my 11 Pro, but not on my 2018 11” iPad Pro. Wonder if it has to do with some feature in the newer processors?
Ah ok that explains the iPhone then.

What about the iPad Pro though? My 2018 model has an A12X chip so should be able to do it. Another poster mentioned there’s doesnt have it either. Feels like it needs it more on the iPad.
Not available on the 2018 iPad Pro is bewildering.
------------------------------
After some searching, I came across this:
Beebom said:
Note that the feature is neither available on the iPad nor the Mac.
------------------------------
Does anyone have the 2020 pro model to check?
I do concur that those with a newer, FaceID-equipped iPad could check (i.e. verify) it would be helpful.

Also, I wonder if iPads were actually tested when the feature first became available.
MacRumors said:
You can access ‌FaceTime‌ Attention Correction on iPhone XS, ‌iPhone XS‌ Max, iPhone XR, and 2018 iPad Pro models running the third developer beta of iOS 13. It's a setting that's available in the ‌FaceTime‌ section of the Settings app.

Mike Wolf

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Yeah I’m not seeing this setting anywhere on the 2020 iPad Pro or the 2022 iPad Pro, even on iPadOS 17. No idea why people said they saw it.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Yeah I’m not seeing this setting anywhere on the 2020 iPad Pro or the 2022 iPad Pro, even on iPadOS 17. No idea why people said they saw it.

Well given that the last post before yours was in October 2020, that might have something to do with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.