Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TKSX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2021
For those of the professional tech savvy parents out there: How would you attach an air tag on a stroller?

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Fair warning, you'll likely get a bunch of haters replying to this one. :). (from the "you've forgotten your kid?!" to the "you don't use AirTags for tracking stolen items" peeps).

Me, I'd treat it like any luggage - ideally, inside a pocket - so you have some potential of recovering the item when you misplace it / it's stolen. You want this as hidden as possible (but not inside something that can block radio frequencies - you need the bluetooth and ultra-wideband radios to be functional).

If you are using it for theft protection, I'd also take a look at the videos on YouTube to remove the speaker (it's very easy to do).

You have a very short window to recover stolen items before the thief is notified (provided they have an iPhone) and the anti-stalking features kick in.

NO🇳🇴

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2022
Norway
For those of the professional tech savvy parents out there: How would you attach an air tag on a stroller?
In the bed lining somewhere if there's a zipper! ;) I got one hidden in the passenger seat in my car haha. Saved me once while parked at Ikea..!

TKSX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2021
I am sure this sort of thing happens more often than many people know. I have had cases where a mom left a stroller at a parking lot and didn't know about until someone flagged it 1/2 h later. Unfortunely these kind of situations does happen especially during the holiday season. Heck I bet if airtags were available in the 90s then the McCallister might have been able to find Kevin without too much effort required (Home Alone / Home Alone 2 reference).

Nevertheless thanks for your advice(s). Hopefully I don't need to use them as last resort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.