Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
Well it finally happened, after a few months.
Today I felt like switching to another case and after removing the leather case I noticed a little crack right near the power button
IDK if it was already there or if it happened when I removed it today, as I had to pull the case a little hard

I’ll go to the Apple store to see if I can get a replacement (less than 1 year)

737F7D64-BE60-478F-B263-16442114E5CD.jpeg EB07D857-DD99-4FF9-B8BC-15CCA8D0C261.jpeg AE18C07F-6F8F-4D6C-890F-407F964E180B.jpeg 7725AF91-5AA0-4B88-B489-B010349B3FD9.jpeg

Mcuserr

Suspended
Nov 9, 2022
Well it finally happened, after a few months.
Today I felt like switching to another case and after removing the leather case I noticed a little crack right near the power button
IDK if it was already there or if it happened when I removed it today, as I had to pull the case a little hard

I’ll go to the Apple store to see if I can get a replacement (less than 1 year)

View attachment 2116910 View attachment 2116909 View attachment 2116907 View attachment 2116908
same

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
That sucks
I really like the case, it's slim, fits perfectly, has good grip.

I will get a replacement because I've had it for less than a year; I'll keep the next one on permanently that way it won't crack lol

I have a couple of Apple silicone cases (I just love the colors) and a Spigen Mag Armour case; I'm using that in the meantime
(Although that Caudabe Sheath is tempting)

Mcuserr

Suspended
Nov 9, 2022
That sucks
I really like the case, it's slim, fits perfectly, has good grip.

I will get a replacement because I've had it for less than a year; I'll keep the next one on permanently that way it won't crack lol

I have a couple of Apple silicone cases (I just love the colors) and a Spigen Mag Armour case; I'm using that in the meantime
(Although that Caudabe Sheath is tempting)
I also have a nomad leather and an apple silicone, won't get another apple leather not worth imo, get's very sticky here in summer. Mine was a freebie form apple so can't complain.
I found the sheaths are too heavy since they put the magsafe in them.

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
I also have a nomad leather and an apple silicone, won't get another apple leather not worth imo, get's very sticky here in summer. Mine was a freebie form apple so can't complain.
Ah ok
Wanted the sheath for the leight weight, oh well

Do you like the Apple silicone case?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
What’s up everyone…. I just picked up the Mous Limitless 4.0 in Speckled Fabric… I love the feel of it, feels like a rubberized back, much more grip than the Aramid Fiber version. But I wanted to know if anyone could tell if they think it looks girly or feminine at all? Thanks

Attachments

• 6594E642-56E7-4B5D-B048-2D28B13F4172.jpeg
    6594E642-56E7-4B5D-B048-2D28B13F4172.jpeg
    555.3 KB · Views: 202

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
Yea I’m not a fan of the Sheath at all. I had it a week and I don’t like the feel of it feels chalky and weird to me like there’s a film over it. I also can’t stand the stupid raised block bottom near the lightning port, it jams into my pinky finger like crazy.

I may try that Onyx or maybe the Spigen Thin Fit. Anything else I should be looking at as far as minimalist cases go?
Interesting.

I have ordered a Cuadabe Sheath for my 13 Pro

I'll see if I like it or not when I get it, but the raised block bottom you mentioned is already (potentially) a no go for me

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
What’s up everyone…. I just picked up the Mous Limitless 4.0 in Speckled Fabric… I love the feel of it, feels like a rubberized back, much more grip than the Aramid Fiber version. But I wanted to know if anyone could tell if they think it looks girly or feminine at all? Thanks
That case looks masculine.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Appreciate the feedback. I got it for around 20 dollars on Black Friday so I figured I’d check it out

Sir_Tarquin

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2022
I've been trying to find a case for my new 13 mini for the past week but keep coming up short. It feel like the mini got the least amount of case choices.

I'm trying to find something just like my old Speck Candyshell that I had on my SE 2016; the ones with the the soft-ish tpu that surrounded the entire phone, sides AND back, and the hard plastic that surrounded all of the tpu except the raised edges. Loved the amount of protection I got from such a slim profile on that one. My phone survived 6 years of slips and fumbles with not even a crack because of that case.

All of the slimmer protective cases I've seen for the mini seem to just have tpu on the sides, with just the bare plastic on the back, including the Specks. This just feels like it's no where near as protective. Are there any one-piece dual layer slim-ish cases for the 13 mini that surround the entire phone's sides and back in both tpe and hard plastic, just like the old Specks?

P.S. I know about the Otterbox Commuter, but I'm not much a fan of the design. I'd much rather have a both layers fused together as one piece than have two separate parts. The plastic on the Otterbox only protects the back and bottom sides instead of the entire phone.

Reactions: riker1384

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Not at all. I think it’s neutral.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
So I've had the Sheath for a couple of days now

Nice case, I love the texture, I sometimes find myself scratching it lol

But you are right, it's heavy and not very comfortable; I'm testing it for a few days but there is a good chance I'll return it

I also got my Apple leather case replacement yesterday

prss14

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2009
Kentucky
I love mine. But my power button isn’t clicky at all like the volume buttons are.
I would contact them. Maybe just need a new button. Mine all have the same "clickyness" I have found their customer service to be pretty good so far.

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
As I love Pitaka cases I was very disappointed, that they didn't release new MagEZ 3.0 cases (made from 600D Aramid) for my iP13Pro. Previous MagEZ 2.0 case has fitting issues for me that I reported several times.
Yesterday I received my order from Aliexpress, where I found (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005083927399.html) case made from 600D Aramid with magsafe for my iP13Pro.
I was very surprised how good this case is. It's smaller and lighter than MagEZ 2 (I didn't use my scale yet for getting weight) and especially it fits perfectly well without any movement on corners.
Branding is Hallosw.

EDIT: added weight (19g).

Attachments

• IMG_5902.jpeg
    IMG_5902.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5903.jpeg
    IMG_5903.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 118
  • weight.jpeg
    weight.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
As I love Pitaka cases I was very disappointed, that they didn't release new MagEZ 3.0 cases (made from 600D Aramid) for my iP13Pro. Previous MagEZ 2.0 case has fitting issues for me that I reported several times.
Yesterday I received my order from Aliexpress, where I found (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005083927399.html) case made from 600D Aramid with magsafe for my iP13Pro.
I was very surprised how good this case is. It's smaller and lighter than MagEZ 2 (I didn't use my scale yet for getting weight) and especially it fits perfectly well without any movement on corners.
Branding is Hallosw.
Looks pretty cool

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
I think it’s pretty!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.