Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
No, actually the charge port opening is pretty small (larger cables will not fit through) but there is a little gap where you can see light through the port as pictured above. It's not as noticeable as that picture, but it is there. I can overlook this slight problem as the case is otherwise so good. This is my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Oh I think I get what you mean
I have ordered it anyways so I will see how I like it.
I just want a quality protective case that feels nice in the hand and is not slippery. Hope this case finally ticks all the boxes!

jimmyohio

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2021
Hey all. My company is upgrading my I-phone 11 to an I-phone 15. I have been reading this thread with great interest. I need advice from the experts. I have narrowed my choices down to these 4 cases. If anyone has a compelling reason why I should choose one over the others please let me know. BTW, I am looking for a grippy case that is easy to get out of my pocket, doesn't add much bulk, protective but not crazy protective and less than $60. Here are my finalists......
1) Caudabe Synthesis
2) OtterBox Symmetry
3) Rebel Gen-5 Aramid
4) OtterBox Cactus

AnJarBo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Hey all. My company is upgrading my I-phone 11 to an I-phone 15. I have been reading this thread with great interest. I need advice from the experts. I have narrowed my choices down to these 4 cases. If anyone has a compelling reason why I should choose one over the others please let me know. BTW, I am looking for a grippy case that is easy to get out of my pocket, doesn't add much bulk, protective but not crazy protective and less than $60. Here are my finalists......
1) Caudabe Synthesis
2) OtterBox Symmetry
3) Rebel Gen-5 Aramid
4) OtterBox Cactus
Synthesis.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
1) Caudabe Synthesis
2) OtterBox Symmetry
3) Rebel Gen-5 Aramid
4) OtterBox Cactus

+2 Synthesis

Reactions: jimmyohio

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
1) Caudabe Synthesis
2) OtterBox Symmetry
3) Rebel Gen-5 Aramid
4) OtterBox Cactus

+3 Synthesis

Has been on my phone for months and I don’t crave anything else

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

Scomerger

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2024
1) Caudabe Synthesis
2) OtterBox Symmetry
3) Rebel Gen-5 Aramid
4) OtterBox Cactus

+4 for Synthesis.

Switched from the Cactus last week, and I’m liking it so far.

Fair warning, though: it scratches fairly easily and is somehow a fingerprint magnet (at least in my case [heh]; others’ mileage may vary).

If that doesn’t bother you, go for it!

Reactions: jimmyohio and AE14

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
+4 for Synthesis.

Switched from the Cactus last week, and I’m liking it so far.

Fair warning, though: it scratches fairly easily and is somehow a fingerprint magnet (at least in my case [heh]; others’ mileage may vary).

If that doesn’t bother you, go for it!
You didn't like the Cactus?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Controversial, but I got my black Otterbox Cactus in black for iPhone 15 Pro last night (same day shipping on Amazon UK) and didn't like it.

My biggest gripe was the sharp cutouts. Every Otterbox case I've ever tried hurts my pinky when I use the phone with one hand. I've tried multiple other Otterbox's over the years, and the only reason I've never kept one is this.

Secondly, I didn't personally particularly like the feel of the cactus leather, but it wasn't bad.

So sticking with my Benks aramid. This is now BY FAR the longest one case has stayed on my phone this year, super impressed with it. Can't believe how little fingerprints/smudges it gets by aramid standards.

Reactions: Pug72

Lyusi

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2021
1) Caudabe Synthesis
2) OtterBox Symmetry
3) Rebel Gen-5 Aramid
4) OtterBox Cactus
Synthesis I think

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Hmm I wonder if there are cases with little flaps over the charging port like my theKase transparent. Pretty neat way to keep dirt from coming in - and something I never had in any of my previous iPhones.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Controversial, but I got my black Otterbox Cactus in black for iPhone 15 Pro last night (same day shipping on Amazon UK) and didn't like it.

My biggest gripe was the sharp cutouts. Every Otterbox case I've ever tried hurts my pinky when I use the phone with one hand. I've tried multiple other Otterbox's over the years, and the only reason I've never kept one is this.

Secondly, I didn't personally particularly like the feel of the cactus leather, but it wasn't bad.

So sticking with my Benks aramid. This is now BY FAR the longest one case has stayed on my phone this year, super impressed with it. Can't believe how little fingerprints/smudges it gets by aramid standards.
Have you compared the Benks to the Pitaka Pro?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I like port plugs but keep losing them; ive been debating this little fella:

Noooooooooooooo.

1716310629789.gif

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Still my favourite case.

View attachment 2375992
Yeah, despite the (arguably overblown) issues with durability, for me the FW remains the most-comfortable-in-the-hand case I’ve had this year. The buttons are also the best. It took three tries to get a perfect one though.

Speaking of buttons and defects, the Symmetry buttons have the potential to be very good, but something is up with Otterbox’s quality control this year. I’ve now had three Symmetry’s that were defective, one had a gap at the port and a stiff volume down button, another came out of a sealed box scratched to heck on the back but with perfect buttons, the last was badly warped at the bottom and was difficult to even get on the phone and sat cockeyed over the port and speakers. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime returns. It’s such a nice case otherwise, but these continual defects are a bummer.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

jedi31780

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2023
Yeah, despite the (arguably overblown) issues with durability, for me the FW remains the most-comfortable-in-the-hand case I’ve had this year. The buttons are also the best. It took three tries to get a perfect one though.

Speaking of buttons and defects, the Symmetry buttons have the potential to be very good, but something is up with Otterbox’s quality control this year. I’ve had three Symmetry’s, one had a gap at the port and a stiff volume down button, another came out of a sealed box scratched to heck on the back but with perfect buttons, the last was badly warped at the bottom and was difficult to even get on the phone and sat cockeyed over the port and speakers. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime returns. It’s such a nice case otherwise, but these defects are killing me.
Well that’s great to hear lol. I just ordered a symmetry blue color to try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.