Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steferrari

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
Hi everyone!

When I'm at home I use wireless charging, but next week I'll fly to London to spend the Christmas holidays with my family.
I'll stay at my grandma house for a couple of weeks and, as I always do when I'm there, I'll charge my phone overnight with the good old Apple 5W charger.

I will soon upgrade to a 15PM, so I'm gonna need a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge the phone.
The question is, which one?

I saw many people complaining about certain cables being too thick for some cases, so I need one that should be compatible with most of them.

I'd like a reliable of course but I don't want to spend a fortune for something that I will only use occasionally (as I said, wireless charger at home so I won't be using the cable once I'm back).

I was thinking Anker? Any other recommendation?

Thank you!

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022

I use this one for Carplay on my 15 PM since my car doesn't have USB-C outlets. It works great for me, never had any issues. Anker is also always a good option like you mentioned. I use their C-C cables for charging at home.

Reactions: steferrari

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
The anker cable didn’t fit my first finewoven case but the belkin one does.

Both cables work fine with my second finewoven case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.