Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
I’m brand new to filming. I’m using an iPhone 11 and iMovie. My problem is that when I’m filming the iPhone keeps changing the white balance automatically. When I import a film into iMovie I can’t use the auto balance toggle because it will fix some of the film and then ruin other bits.

Reading around the web I think I should be using something white, hold it in front of the camera and then use the iMovie function to balance off that. But I‘m thinking that during filming the phone will still auto adjust and throw everything out, different parts of the video clip having different white balance. Is there a way around this?

Idun098TZZ

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2021
Hi,
yes, try to get something white that reflects the cold light. Also, check your settings and record in 4K.

Cheers

e1me5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Cyprus
Use a dedicated video recording app like Filmic Pro. You can select the white balance and also all the other camera settings that the default camera app has on auto. Plus it can record at a higher bit rate and quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.