Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
I think this is a joke.. A big iPod? I think he is showing us how ridiculous our design would be if the information from the rumor sites were right. There's no way that we knew ALL that information and that it is this lame.

JOKE/LEVEL

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
what a POS.... a oversized iPhone. If apple werent who they are people would probably be laughing at this crap.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Well, at this point, I'm waiting for something else. iPad = iPOS as far as I can tell. Not what I wanted, I need it to do a bit more then just run these little apps; and so far, unless something changes in the next few minutes, it won't be on my buy list.

(of course, price will effect that view).

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
It does hardly anything an iPhone can't do, just on a bigger screen. Hey at least we can run our fart apps and semi naked women apps without modification.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
Remember: Just because YOU don't want it means NOTHING about everyone else's wants/needs.......and it doesn't mean they're wrong for wanting it.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
It does hardly anything an iPhone can't do (and lacks 3G), just on a bigger screen. Hey at least we can run our fart apps and semi naked women apps without modification.

Quoted to show how quickly people are ready to bag on things—even before all features are announced.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
Quoted to show how quickly people are ready to bag on things—even before all features are announced.
Fair enough, I was wrong. Although why they didn't announce it had 3G when they announced it had Wifi + Bluetooth is quite beyond me.

VespR

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2004
The whole internet in your hands sale was a bit of a joke. He made that speech three years ago with the iPhone.

This is really just a bigger iPod touch. It's faster because it's got more space to fit bigger chips in.

There was no multitasking, no porting of expose or dashboard to the device. With that big bezel they could have at least put multitouch in there for something like expose.

Of course my mind will change when I see one, but does nobody else think they've undersold on this a little?

VespR

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2004
Fair enough, I was wrong. Although why they didn't announce it had 3G when they announced it had Wifi + Bluetooth is quite beyond me.

The whole presentation seemed a bit wonky. They announced the hardware specs in two places.

I think they should have put a front facing camera in it, where is the iChat video conferencing? I think they could have done A LOT more. Then again it is a first generation model..

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I think it is pretty much what most reasonable people who had been paying attention to the rumors expected it to be. No more no less.

Joewebster

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2010
New York
I hope that it's a joke. It's extremely overpriced for what it is. It's really only a big iTouch, and for only 130 dollars more, you can get 3G web access. What they needed to do was put OS X on it, and then people would be actually buy it.

Spares

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2009
I hope that it's a joke. It's extremely overpriced for what it is. It's really only a big iTouch, and for only 130 dollars more, you can get 3G web access. What they needed to do was put OS X on it, and then people would be actually buy it.
whats an iTouch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.