Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Compared to iPadOS 16, the notification center is very narrow, using only the center part of the screen. Is there any way to change that? Or is it just Apple being lazy, porting the Notification Center directly from the iPhone, ”forgetting” that the iPad has a bigger screen?

Reactions: Fishels

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
Compared to iPadOS 16, the notification center is very narrow, using only the center part of the screen. Is there any way to change that? Or is it just Apple being lazy, porting the Notification Center directly from the iPhone, ”forgetting” that the iPad has a bigger screen?
Apple seems to ignore the fact that the iPad has a large display and wastes huge swathes of screen estate on nothing or has repeat vestiges still tucked away.

For example now we can put widgets anywhere on the desktop, what use does the dashboard serve? I want to summon the stage interface over a blank desktop.

I hope Apple gets rid of the dashboard in favour of summoning the stage interface and allows notifications to sit off-screen on the RH-side like on the Mac and on the RH-side of the lockscreen.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2015
I have a different question. I updated to IPad OS 17 and it seems my notification center no longer shows up on the Lock Screen unless the device isn’t being used.

Example. I’m browsing safari and I get a message from Facebook messenger. If I go to the Lock Screen I no longer see a Notification Center with that message. I have to swipe down while the device is unlocked to see that.

Maybe I’m tripping but I was thinking notification banners stayed on the lock screen until dismissed. I looked through all settings I could think of and notification center is turned on under have access when locked.

Can someone please add their 2 cents.

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
I have a different question. I updated to IPad OS 17 and it seems my notification center no longer shows up on the Lock Screen unless the device isn’t being used.

Example. I’m browsing safari and I get a message from Facebook messenger. If I go to the Lock Screen I no longer see a Notification Center with that message. I have to swipe down while the device is unlocked to see that.

Maybe I’m tripping but I was thinking notification banners stayed on the lock screen until dismissed. I looked through all settings I could think of and notification center is turned on under have access when locked.

Can someone please add their 2 cents.
Do you have badges turned on? Might be a useful workaround. As for the disappearing notifications, probably just yet another bug in iPadOS TBH.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.