Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icapricorn

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
MacBook Air

Two words: A disaster! :eek:

Dude, you're so getting a Dell. After waiting since August for a MBP refresh, with all the old tech swapped out for new (HDMI, not DVI), they come up with this bomb.

The 15-inch XPS from Dell offers much more for much less. And I won't have to reboot the computer to use my PC software.

Macbook Air: Bombs away!

garyoke

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2007
Basically, it's a ............

.......macpod.

And anyone who has had an iPod with a hard drive in it know how reliable those things are.

I say BLAH! I'm buyin' a MPB.

(as soon as I get my speed bump and penryn processor)

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Two words: A disaster! :eek:

Dude, you're so getting a Dell. After waiting since August for a MBP refresh, with all the old tech swapped out for new (HDMI, not DVI), they come up with this bomb.

The 15-inch XPS from Dell offers much more for much less. And I won't have to reboot the computer to use my PC software.

Macbook Air: Bombs away!

But you can reboot the Dell to use your Mac software... right?

In fact, can you even use ANY of your Mac software on your Dell?

connectingrodd4

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
But you can reboot the Dell to use your Mac software... right?

In fact, can you even use ANY of your Mac software on your Dell?

that's not dells fault, that's because of apple knowing that no one will buy their hardware if it wasn't bundled together with their software

trancepriest

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
South Florida
My point is that people need to look at the device for what its meant to do and be.

The device doesn't live up to what it wasn't meant to be.... "Air". Where is the built-in 3G wireless? Apple compared it to the line of Sony TZ sub notebooks in the conference. Every TZ sub notebook has 3G and firewire. We all know that you pay a premium for ultra portables... that's not an issue for someone like myself that can easily afford this. I can't do without the firewire port though... I can improvise with a USB EVDO adapter.. but that kills the sleekness factor that I just paid so much money for. Apple weaned us on firewire... we've come to expect it... I think this is one of the first macs in years that don't have one. There are also other big problems... for other people (i would get the SSD version).. like the 4200 rpm HD. I'm not hating, I'm not poor and my biz partner is buying me one... it will still suck without firewire.

aosman

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
People are just honked off that Apple didn't announce the MacBook Pro update today.

They'll announce it next Tuesday (just as they announced the Mac Pro update last Tuesday) and everyone will praise Apple for being such a brilliant and forward-thinking company. :p

I second that :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.