Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I feel that iOS 8 was geared more towards developers than the end users and while we got a lot of nice new features, the update didn't feel as big as it could of been. My question is, will iOS 9 be the iPhone 6 to iOS 8's iPhone 5S (in short: will we see a tick-tock release pattern with iOS updates in the same way that iOS devices are?)

If so, iOS 9 needs to improve on a lot of things. My wish-list consists of:

A completely revamped music app

Better optimization for iPad (still feels like a blown-up iPhone interface in some areas of the OS and in some apps)

A moderate design refresh with UI elements from OS X Yosemite

Dark Mode (like Yosemite but more fleshed out)

Social media widget in Notification Center (like Yosemite)

sethlution

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
-I think with beats music integration, they will revamp the Music app in a big way for a more streamlined experience (at least that's what I'm hoping).
-If the iPad Pro is released next year, I'm sure we'll get a more iPad-oriented iOS update to go with it as well.
-Dark mode and slight UI improvements are on my wishlist as well, so let's hope Apple delivers on that :D
-I think you can add the social sharing feature to iOS 8 right now with third party app like this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/taptoshare/id922023749?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
I feel that iOS 8 was geared more towards developers than the end users and while we got a lot of nice new features, the update didn't feel as big as it could of been. My question is, will iOS 9 be the iPhone 6 to iOS 8's iPhone 5S (in short: will we see a tick-tock release pattern with iOS updates in the same way that iOS devices are?)

If so, iOS 9 needs to improve on a lot of things. My wish-list consists of:

A completely revamped music app

Better optimization for iPad (still feels like a blown-up iPhone interface in some areas of the OS and in some apps)

A moderate design refresh with UI elements from OS X Yosemite

Dark Mode (like Yosemite but more fleshed out)

Social media widget in Notification Center (like Yosemite)

What's wrong with the music app? I love it

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
What's wrong with the music app? I love it

The artist browsing view is a nightmare if you have complete artist collections. Scrolling through an entire list to find the song you want is a real pain in the ass. I hope they revert the functionality aspect of the artist view back to how it was in the first 6 versions of iOS where you could view one particular album at a time under an artist and not everything at once.

UI wise, the now playing screen should resemble the remote app version because it's absolutely beautiful.

Additional things like the Up Next feature from iTunes 11 and if you hold down on text that's too long, a complete overlay appears.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2008
ios9 will be huge except for the music app will still be the same updated piece of junk since iOS 7.

Ivey has no time for something so trivial as a music player.

Danley

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2014
OC
I don't care so much about the music player, most of mine is streamed through Youtube/Jasmine.

I would be happy if traffic alerts and other notifications of that nature were handled more along the lines of recent Android phones, except improved. Also increased integration among devices, again somewhat mirroring how Android tabs interact with phones.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
The artist browsing view is a nightmare if you have complete artist collections. Scrolling through an entire list to find the song you want is a real pain in the ass. I hope they revert the functionality aspect of the artist view back to how it was in the first 6 versions of iOS where you could view one particular album at a time under an artist and not everything at once.

UI wise, the now playing screen should resemble the remote app version because it's absolutely beautiful.

Additional things like the Up Next feature from iTunes 11 and if you hold down on text that's too long, a complete overlay appears.

has we all ready have a wish wish fourm for IOS 9 i will ask a mod too move your fourm in too that one

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1816827/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.