Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DigitalAR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
Title really

So I have an iPhone SE 2 that gave out on me. Was able to find a great quality iPhone 12, though could use a new battery.

Wondering if Verizon is gonna try to charge me anything when I walk into their store tomorrow and get them to have my phone number go from my SE2 to this new iPhone 12 that I'm currently setting up at home and works great and have my Apple ID acct just now added...

Any lame hidden fees to go from classic SIM card to esim or whatever its now called....>?

Ahiqar

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Fox Cities, WI
Title really

So I have an iPhone SE 2 that gave out on me. Was able to find a great quality iPhone 12, though could use a new battery.

Wondering if Verizon is gonna try to charge me anything when I walk into their store tomorrow and get them to have my phone number go from my SE2 to this new iPhone 12 that I'm currently setting up at home and works great and have my Apple ID acct just now added...

Any lame hidden fees to go from classic SIM card to esim or whatever its now called....>?
The iPhone 12 (in the US at least) has a SIM card slot. Why not just swap the SIM?

stardlord2046

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
United States
you can get a iPhone 12 at cricket for 50 dollar, it’s very affordable and use it for 6 month( 30 dollar service per month), and it can be unlocked for any carrier. I did same thing for my folks. They don’t need newest iPhone, they had xs, 8 plus earlier

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
Some carriers allow options to not be charged for sim swapping with the same active line you might have to swap sims yourself so you don’t get charged I would ask with your carrier,

Reactions: _Mitchan1999
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.