Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony2929

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2023
Hey! I am on twitter, I sent a message to down_dude6, I was listening to music! The message I sent is what are you doing at 2 pm?

When I sign in to any account, it’s asking for a email to remember, typed my email! It’s asking for a password! Typed my password! Called dad yesterday, he was saying what time is it? The time is 8:29 am here

I get this pop up box that says:
Would you like to save this password to use with apps and websites?

You can view and remove saved passwords in Passwords settings. What should you do?

Thank you for your time

TorbenIbsen

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2021
I have about 225 different logins to websides and apps. You seem to be asked by Apple Keychain what to do, just like I do. When I moved to iCloud Keychain I litterally logged into all those 225 accounts and let Apple Keychain suggest a strong password and said yes to store this login/password combination.

These combinations are synchronized to all Apple devices so they now work automatically on each site/app. So both on iPad, Mac and iPhone. And because I changed password everywhere I now have 225 unique combinations. So any breach of passwords cannot compromize everything. - I also use 2FA ( two factor authentication ) so even a breach won't be enough to hack me.

You should do the same. Never use a password for more than one login. - My email address is the same on all logins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.