Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
My partner accidentally selected the wrong shipping address (to an entirely different state) when pre-ordering her iPhone. It looks like the model she got is still available on launch day if ordered now. Should I just place a second order and cancel the other one when available, or should I wait and just change the shipping address before it ships? Will changing the shipping address cause the delivery date to slip?

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
My partner accidentally selected the wrong shipping address (to an entirely different state) when pre-ordering her iPhone. It looks like the model she got is still available on launch day if ordered now. Should I just place a second order and cancel the other one when available, or should I wait and just change the shipping address before it ships? Will changing the shipping address cause the delivery date to slip?
No changing the mailing address will not cause the delivery date to slip. I think you can do the change by calling. If the store has it in stock you could just place order for that.

Reactions: Cayden

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
It looks like the ability to change the shipping address just opened up, I was able to change it online on my iPad and it didn’t change the delivery date!

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj
I can't change it because I did the Apple upgrade. Because it goes through Citizen's One they claim they cannot change it. This morning I was assured it was changed... then this afternoon I am being told it was not and they cannot. After way too long on the phone, I was offered a coupon for my inconvenience, and then have to wait a few days to try to reorder it. They said after I re-order I can try to see if they can "move me up in line" but I'm thinking my best bet is to try an Apple Store Friday morning. What a freaking mess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.